Rate my unique approach to thumbnails?

Snittman

I would say this is a fairly unique way to make thumbnails...
9f5d6b0d1589dbfd8226106243d2ca79.png

I draw all my own thumbnails very badly. I just find it funny to draw really bad pictures that look like they've been made in paint (Originally, they were...). I would say it adds personality. My channel isn't a really hardcore serious channel like a lot of CoD channels. Mostly edited Let's plays that are generally comedic more than "Amazing" or whatever, so the fact they look so badly drawn isn't really a down side.
Would like opinions on it... Also, When I started this channel, I made the background the same purple colour every single time (Check the bottom right thumbnail's purple for reference). I asked on here in the early stages of my channel and people disliked the fact it was all the same purple. Not so easy on the eyes...
Personally, I still prefer making it all that colour since I try to market myself with that colour. But quite a few people said they didn't like it so as of right now I keep them different shades of purple (every time I make a new thumbnail for a series, I pick a random purple colour from the spectrum).

ALL criticism appreciated... Good or bad.

Also, sorry to any Americans who are probably getting annoyed I keep typing Colour instead of color... British spelling :(

I draw all my own thumbnails very badly. I just find it funny to draw really bad pictures that look like they've been made in paint (Originally, they were...). I would say it adds personality. My channel isn't a really hardcore serious channel like a lot of CoD channels. Mostly edited Let's plays that are generally comedic more than "Amazing" or whatever, so the fact they look so badly drawn isn't really a down side.
Would like opinions on it... Also, When I started this channel, I made the background the same purple colour every single time (Check the bottom right thumbnail's purple for reference). I asked on here in the early stages of my channel and people disliked the fact it was all the same purple. Not so easy on the eyes...
Personally, I still prefer making it all that colour since I try to market myself with that colour. But quite a few people said they didn't like it so as of right now I keep them different shades of purple (every time I make a new thumbnail for a series, I pick a random purple colour from the spectrum).

Also, sorry to any Americans who are probably getting annoyed I keep typing Colour instead of color... British spelling :(

I have moved this to the Review and Channel Feedback section of the forum. I love the colours! I think they're unique and I like them.

It's a pretty good idea, I always find it funny when people draw really bad pictures and sarcastically use them for stuff :p It's hilarious. My friend made me a picture of me, and it was poorly drawn, but I loved it.

It's a pretty good idea, I always find it funny when people draw really bad pictures and sarcastically use them for stuff :p It's hilarious. My friend made me a picture of me, and it was poorly drawn, but I loved it.

Yeah I totally get that... I laugh at my own stupidly bad creations. Like the buzz lightyear thumbnail... He just looks so stupid it's funny to me. But I just worry that people don't understand it and think I'm trying REALLY hard but I'm just failing... I just didn't want the generic looking thumbnails with some image I find on google images when I search the name of the game + text on top (90% of youtubers xD)

Yeah I totally get that... I laugh at my own stupidly bad creations. Like the buzz lightyear thumbnail... He just looks so stupid it's funny to me. But I just worry that people don't understand it and think I'm trying REALLY hard but I'm just failing... I just didn't want the generic looking thumbnails with some image I find on google images when I search the name of the game + text on top (90% of youtubers xD)

Well, don't do that :D Keep doing what you're doing.

I personally think its awesome and you're doing the right thing.
There's a consistency in colour and art, so whenever a subscriber see's a new video on their time line they are aware that it is you.
It 's something that is different and the colour choice really stands out compared to the typical choices of red or blue.
The only thing that i see that needs to change is the text, as it needs to be clearer or bolder:)

Keep it up bud!

P.S If you do chose to change the style of thumbnails, I recommend that you design your drawings in pixels seeing that your name and avatar is pixel art :)

Back