Obama Call Me Maybe Parody Question

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So, I was wanting to make a video with the same concept but different person and song but I was wondering, I am allowed to just take the small clips from other videos and maybe even other YouTube videos to make a video similar to the Obama Call Me Maybe Parody video.

If anyone could help that would be great! Thanks.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I suggest not taking someone else's video and using it in yours. Create the version yourself.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This song is still relevant?
I suggest not taking someone else's video and using it in yours. Create the version yourself.
fair use is dodgy use your own original content sir
I was just wondering if the guy who made that video had to get permission to use clips of the president. Say I took clips from a person on the news, do I have to get permission to use those clips or no? Thanks for your help.

Cameron Dubs

Making David Cameron Sing!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There will never be a better question that I am most suited to answer :D

Listen here, I make similar videos and this is the deal.

He gets away with it as all the videos he edits are in the public domain because they are from the White House. Similarly, the videos we use are covered by the Open Government Licence which allows us to use the videos and remix them for commercial use.

However, just taking random celebrities is most likely not allowed. You may get away with it if you contact YouTubers and get written permission to use their clips, but this would take a lot of work to do for popular YouTubers.