non-exclusive licence? should i let others use my videos?

caleblake

Hi Im new here, Ive been youtubing just over a week now and im a bit stuck. I recieved and email asking if the company who makes the american clip programme 'lifes funniest moments' asking if they can use my clip in their show. They have asked for a non-exclusive licence which means i still own copyright and can sell it on etc but im not sure if its a good idea to sell clips? Can anyone help me out with this. Its a genuine production company thats been going for 25 years so its credable as ive checked out it. They have offered $100 to use it. Thanks for your help in advance Natalie

thanks for the reply, ive subscribed to your channel. i thought that but im worried they put it on youtube themselves then i loose the hots iykwim?

Hi Im new here, Ive been youtubing just over a week now and im a bit stuck. I recieved and email asking if the company who makes the american clip programme 'lifes funniest moments' asking if they can use my clip in their show. They have asked for a non-exclusive licence which means i still own copyright and can sell it on etc but im not sure if its a good idea to sell clips? Can anyone help me out with this. Its a genuine production company thats been going for 25 years so its credable as ive checked out it. They have offered $100 to use it. Thanks for your help in advance Natalie
that woulde bring alot of people to your channel im just saying your going to become really famouse of that so do it ASLO"THANKS FOR SUBBING TO ME" :)

thanks for the reply, ive subscribed to your channel. i thought that but im worried they put it on youtube themselves then i loose the hots iykwim?
Hmm, you could always put 'Original' in the title of your video, this will let people know that you uploaded it first, and you are the original poster. I'm not really too sure how that kind of stuff works.

- Thanks for subscribing! :)

Usually form what i've seen shows like that don't provide a link to source material. But if the contract looks good I say why not :=)

thanks for the reply styxie, ive subscribed, seems most think its a good idea so far. I will get my dad to look over the contract too so its double eyes.

Back