Need Help with my YouTube Channel Layout

Paul33

Reaction score
Trying to help out my elderly parents in these tough times by building a YT Channel to hold old family videos.

Everything is done, channel looks good, happy with layout but that's on my PC ..... when I or they access the channel via TV, a different layout appears.

Firstly, when anybody subscribes to the channel and then accesses it via their TV by clicking on"Subscriptions" and then the channel name, they see a single "most viewed" video standing on its own. To reach the actual channel page and layout, they have to go top right corner and click on "View Channel" (or similar). I need them to land on the Channel home page when they click on the channel name ..... not some random "most viewed" video which I have not set up anywhere on my PC.

Secondly, my channel home page shows all my playlists within which there are various videos. On the PC, you have the option to "View Full Playlist" but on the TV version of the home page, you just get the playlist and if you click on that, it starts playing the most recent video in that playlist. You can bounce out of that by hitting various buttons to see others but its a mess ...... I want a means of viewing the various videos that can be chosen before anything starts playing.

Am I doing something wrong here or is the TV version of YouTube simply not able to mirror what you have on the PC?

If it is the latter, is there a way to simply display ALL of my videos without getting rid of my playlists ...... ie: just list them all in most recently posted order and regardless of playlist ?

Any help appreciated !

Paul33

Reaction score
Turned out the problem was that my videos - except one - are "unlisted" and won't show if you set up to show all videos.

Given they are family videos rather than anything of interest to the public, is there any way to make them more visible in the channel but not be "public" ?