Need help with animation

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
So I'm going to make a video to my song about anime (for which I am obsessed) And I know what I want to do. I want to have some scenes of me lip syncing like I usually do, some scenes of my favorite animes, but then I really want to have other scenes where I cut out the characters from scenes where the anime characters are dancing, and then put them in the shot with me, so it will look like I'm dancing with the anime characters. I have NO idea how to do this, but I know it can be done. Can anyone tell me a good way I can accomplish this goal? A free program or maybe if there's stuff I don't know about Imovie where I could do it in there, just if anyone knows how I can make that happen that'd be awesome! Thanks!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im not sure if this is the best way to do it but you could try this program:

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/

You set points on an image or video of someone so in your case an anime character and manipulate them so their mouths, eyes and other facial features move but this wouldnt be able to get them to dance, other than doing something like that the only way I can think of is drawing the characters on paper yourself and trying to puppeteer them somehow lol with a green screen and then edit them into your video.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Im not sure if this is the best way to do it but you could try this program:

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/

You set points on an image or video of someone so in your case an anime character and manipulate them so their mouths, eyes and other facial features move but this wouldnt be able to get them to dance, other than doing something like that the only way I can think of is drawing the characters on paper yourself and trying to puppeteer them somehow lol with a green screen and then edit them into your video.
Really? Like, I'm talking about scenes where they're already animated doing the dance I want them to do, I just need to remove them from the video and put them in mine. Even if I had to do it frame by frame, I don't have to choreograph the dance, it's already in the cartoon, does that change what you were thinking I needed to do? Or did you understand that already..

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Really? Like, I'm talking about scenes where they're already animated doing the dance I want them to do, I just need to remove them from the video and put them in mine. Even if I had to do it frame by frame, I don't have to choreograph the dance, it's already in the cartoon, does that change what you were thinking I needed to do? Or did you understand that already..
It depends on how you want them to move, if you need their legs to move etc then puppeteering paper isnt going to work, you could try a proper puppet out though, I think TheStuffShow will know if you could pull this off with green screen etc I think you could do it like that. I really aint too good with animation myself to be honest but it is what I would think of first because animating in software can be damn hard.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
It depends on how you want them to move, if you need their legs to move etc then puppeteering paper isnt going to work, you could try a proper puppet out though, I think TheStuffShow will know if you could pull this off with green screen etc I think you could do it like that. I really aint too good with animation myself to be honest but it is what I would think of first because animating in software can be damn hard.
Man I wish I just knew some techy guy who could do this for me lol. Thanks for trying to help man.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do my cheesy crappy mouth movements frame by frame. I have like 6-7 different pictures for Gogo. I'm really looking into flash animation. If I figure it out I will make a animation for your video.