• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

My first video with 500 views!

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Feeling good that I managed to get some people to check out one of my videos, however small the milestone may be. Most of my videos end up with 50-100 views with a few really good ones getting 100+. Previously my best video view-wise was 204 which was a longer camping video with my daughter. I recently got a new gimbal through a Kickstarter and while the device wasn't that great I noticed there wasn't a lot of videos about it on the Tube. So I put together a short review and in just four days it has reached 500 views! I know this is nothing it the scheme of things but I'm pleased that it has managed to get a bit of traction. Especially considering that I didn't share it anywhere except on Twitter.

The reality is that getting these views hasn't translated to views on other videos nor subs - to me that indicates that while people may be interested in this particular video it's not enough to convince people to check out my other wares. Still - this was wonderful to see and it seems to still be rolling along (now it's at 527!) It'll be fun to watch the views keep climbing - maybe it will get to 1k? Anyway it's nice to know that people are checking out something I've created. Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, cool and congrats! I was thinking on doing a gear related video in my next video, but it's years old gear - so it will be interesting to see how well that will perform (since we're kinda close in subscriber count). :)

Reactions: Rhody Seth

velodus

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey congrats! Think of it as a sign of things to come. Even though it might be a one-off at the moment, it shows what your future videos are capable of getting too if you keep at it, and from there, hopefully the subs will follow

Reactions: Rhody Seth

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
almost 1.5k views now :rolleyes: that gimbal must be in high demand
The reality is that getting these views hasn't translated to views on other videos nor subs
yea those viewers just looking for review of that gimbal, that's the thing with mixing topics on one channel, BUT maybe it's possible to find a sweet spot between doing what you want & attracting attention

Reactions: Gediphoto

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
almost 1.5k views now :rolleyes: that gimbal must be in high demand

yea those viewers just looking for review of that gimbal, that's the thing with mixing topics on one channel, BUT maybe it's possible to find a sweet spot between doing what you want & attracting attention
So true. But I just got the new Hero 9 GoPro for Christmas so I think I'll do a comparison video between my old Hero 5 and the new hotness. Meanwhile I just enjoyed a few days in the mountains and now have a bunch of new videos to roll out on the channel so there's plenty to post. And my Gimbal video is up to 1.6k views which is nice to see. Happy New Years all!

OntheWrist

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Congratulations! Wow, it's up to 1.6K views in only 2 weeks! Hopefully over time you get some additional views or subscribers on your other video because of that video's popularity, but either way, that's a great milestone!

I think the GoPro idea is also great. I know I like to watch a lot of gear videos, so having a 1 to 1 comparison to see the improvement is something that is interesting to see. Good luck with the new videos!!!

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Now you’re pulling away from my level!! I’m stuck at 43 subscribers!

It will be interesting to see the amount of new subscribers you’ll get from gear videos. Seems that’s what ppl want most

So true. But I just got the new Hero 9 GoPro for Christmas so I think I'll do a comparison video between my old Hero 5 and the new hotness. Meanwhile I just enjoyed a few days in the mountains and now have a bunch of new videos to roll out on the channel so there's plenty to post. And my Gimbal video is up to 1.6k views which is nice to see. Happy New Years all!

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
It will be interesting to see the amount of new subscribers you’ll get from gear videos. Seems that’s what ppl want most
Thus far, not much. Though it has garnered 1.7k views, that video has only netted me two subs. Likely because it's a pretty crappy video. It is still my hiking/camping videos that are generating most of my subscribers. As it should be.

Reactions: Gediphoto