My first video + monetazation issue

Mr. Mojo

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I've just recently uploaded my first video and its Ineligible for monetazation because ive used a well known peice of a song.

But my question is, should I even care to add another song instead so it can be monitized (i think the name is) or can I just leave it? Im thinking that either way Im still not even a partner yet so its okay?

Kind Regards
Michael / Mojo community

Attachments

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, congrats on 1st post
I only use No Attribution music from YouTube library, because it is super simple, free & doesn't distract me from the visual portion of the product (video).
Until I become more experienced in these matters or really need to up the music quality I will keep using this method.

Mr. Mojo

Reaction score
Thank you and thanks for replying. But my question is, does it even matter that my video has been demotitized? Im my opinion it does not matter, because Im not able to motitize the video anyways because im so new and its my first video. Im I right?

Hope it makes sense and again, thanks :)

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did a christmas video early on, and used a little Sinatra. When I later got monetized, it got hit with sharing monetization (the "share" is that they get all the revenue ha ha). It is not a good idea as a general rule, but sometimes it is ok.

The issue would be that it is subject to a copyright strike - which is a bad thing. It seems more common for folks like BMG to just take the revenue. You won't know that until you post it...

Mr. Mojo

Reaction score
I havnt got a strike on it so its okay. Its just got demonitized (i think its called) I guess it was something else if I was to earn anything from the video i guess (I hope) haha... well FML if it blows up now with 1 mil views. hahah..

thanks for replying

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
In addition to a Copyright Strike, you can also get a Copyright Claim against your video. Basically with a claim, your content is not taken down, but you will not be eligible to monetize that particular video. With one video, and just 17 subs, you are a long way from having to worry about monetization anyway. I would probably leave it alone unless you get a strike, and avoid copyrighted music in future videos so they WILL be eligible to monetize. And don't forget, 3 strikes, you're OUT!

Reactions: Mr. Mojo

Mr. Mojo

Reaction score
Thanks that was excatly what I was looking for. BTW i've recieved yet another copyright claim on my 2nd and I dont know why. But have filled out the form where I can say I have license for the music. But I didnt thought it was like that on Youtube. So aggressive and this time plain wrong

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
But I didnt thought it was like that on Youtube. So aggressive and this time plain wrong
Oh yes, YT is very aggressive about it. And, the claimant seems to have most of the power. Quite often it is wrong. On the ones I have filed a response to - I was cleared of them all. A lot of 3rd party folks just claiming things with no basis. I pretty much just use music provided by YT now, it is just easier than proving I have the right to every song.

Reactions: Mr. Mojo