Music in videos

MiniManVI

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was just wondering. say if I have music in my videos but I have links and stuff in the description am I still going to get strikes?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was just wondering. say if I have music in my videos but I have links and stuff in the description am I still going to get strikes?
Check with the owners of the music or the site that has the music posted. They should all have licenses or contact info. If they don't, find who made the music, otherwise don't risk it. That's my experience.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Unless you have proof or permission to use the music, yes. You still run the risk of strikes.

Adding links or credit to the descriptions means absolutely nothing when it comes to copyright, and strikes on YouTube.

Reactions: Gabriel

jukez17

Omg It's me
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
its nice to use royalty free music that its allright to use even monetized videos but u can get strikes from not roaylty free musics but thats up to music companies and so on

Aaayron

Pokemaster in the making here people!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I've been using music in videos and I'm still strike free. It all depends on where you get the music and their terms and conditions. You could of course use Youtube's Creation Tools to get free music.