Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
~step 1~

Open finder and search for System Preferences. And, obviously open it.

~step 2~

Go to the thing that says Expose & Spaces and click on it.

~step 3~

Enable the spaces and choose how many you think you need, i use 9 but you may need more or less than me.

~step 4~

Set your applications to different spaces by clicking on the + button. For example this is how i set up mine.

Chrome, HD PVRCapture Space 1
Final Cut Pro Space 2
AAE Space 3
PS Space 4
Cinema 4D space 5
Spaces 6-7 show all applications (just leave it empty)
Skype space 8
word, pages and microsoft excel space 9

You can set it up and then when your finished you can hold Control and use the arrow keys to decide which space you are in. Also, if you check the show spaces in dock on the top hand corner it will say which number you are in.

Why do this?

Well, spaces is designed to stop you from having clutter, so if you want to search for something, jump to a space while your video is rendering and so on so forth. On OS X lion or 10.7 in your about this mac, you can actually set a different desktop picture for each space which is a cool feature.

NOTE: (on a lion mac i think its called command center =[ )

Also, there are only changes in performance after 14 spaces, so it is actually very effective to use 9 like i do, if you know you want to get to space number 2 from 8, just hit control and then the number 2.

Hope this helped even though like no one on this site has a MAC ;p

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
~step 1~

Open finder and search for System Preferences. And, obviously open it.

~step 2~

Go to the thing that says Expose & Spaces and click on it.

~step 3~

Enable the spaces and choose how many you think you need, i use 9 but you may need more or less than me.

~step 4~

Set your applications to different spaces by clicking on the + button. For example this is how i set up mine.

Chrome, HD PVRCapture Space 1
Final Cut Pro Space 2
AAE Space 3
PS Space 4
Cinema 4D space 5
Spaces 6-7 show all applications (just leave it empty)
Skype space 8
word, pages and microsoft excel space 9

You can set it up and then when your finished you can hold Control and use the arrow keys to decide which space you are in. Also, if you check the show spaces in dock on the top hand corner it will say which number you are in.

Why do this?

Well, spaces is designed to stop you from having clutter, so if you want to search for something, jump to a space while your video is rendering and so on so forth. On OS X lion or 10.7 in your about this mac, you can actually set a different desktop picture for each space which is a cool feature.

NOTE: (on a lion mac i think its called command center =[ )

Also, there are only changes in performance after 14 spaces, so it is actually very effective to use 9 like i do, if you know you want to get to space number 2 from 8, just hit control and then the number 2.

Hope this helped even though like no one on this site has a MAC ;p
Symphonous has :p

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
lol i know he does i told him how to get FCP but i doubt he needs this, because his videos dont need 7+ programs to edit things

Reactions: MegaCodeG
Status
Not open for further replies.