Is Pumpkin Jack Worth Buying? [GAME REVIEW]

WarriorDan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Continuing my ongoing all-month halloween theme, I decided this week to review the new indie 3D platformer game, "Pumpkin Jack".
I put out new game review videos every week, so if you like this one, I've got quite the backlog of similar reviews for you to enjoy on my channel.
I welcome any feedback in the comments section below my video. I don't consistently check YTtalk, so if you've got some feedback or suggestions for me,
please post them as a comment to this video on YouTube. Thanks, and have a good day everyone!

WillApollo

Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I liked the video, it was very well thought out and your knowledge of the game was really in-depth. The script was quite well written but I would have loved more edits to show what you are talking about while you're talking about it. I know you mentioned that the game developer's discord had some spoiler guides so Idk if it was due to that but I think that getting more creative with edits over the base gameplay would be really cool to see. Either way, great video!

WarriorDan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I liked the video, it was very well thought out and your knowledge of the game was really in-depth. The script was quite well written but I would have loved more edits to show what you are talking about while you're talking about it. I know you mentioned that the game developer's discord had some spoiler guides so Idk if it was due to that but I think that getting more creative with edits over the base gameplay would be really cool to see. Either way, great video!
Thanks, and that bit on the editing is worth noting. The two main reasons I couldn't really show more was due primarily to the buggy state the game was released in. I tried to prioritize the smoothest sections of gameplay plus also show off some of the gameplay diversity present in the game. Also, yeah whenever dealing with a pre-release copy, even if my coverage was released on release day, I make an effort to at least somewhat respect the developers' wishes, as long as that doesn't interfere with my responsibilities as a game review channel. And their request to not spoil the entire game seemed a fairly reasonable one, plus I wanted to be able to share this video on their discord to get some initial views to help get this video momentum.

Hope that clears it up, and thanks for the feedback!