im scared of nintendos copyright

jakassme

the amv guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer, Commentator
so i want to do a amv of the pokemon movie 3 but im utterly terrified on what ive heard out of nintendo copyright,i heard there strict about it

and i cant get there permission because when i go to there site i get this

We appreciate the interest in Nintendo and in all our video game products. To us, it represents a great sign of success and recognition of the Nintendo brand.

"Nintendo" is a registered trademark of Nintendo of America Inc. Nintendo owns extensive intellectual property rights in all of its products, including video game systems, game titles, characters, game software, graphics, artwork, and screen shots. Nintendo also retains rights in content on Nintendo's web sites, including articles, artwork, screen shots and other files. Trademarks and copyrights for third-party games and characters are owned by the companies that market or license those products.

While we are grateful for all the requests for permission to use Nintendo properties, we are not able to grant such requests. We receive thousands of requests and we do not have adequate staffing to review them all. Therefore, our general policy is to decline requests for permission for the use of Nintendo properties.

Although we are not able to grant permission, use of Nintendo's properties without formal permission by Nintendo may still be allowed under the relevant laws of the particular jurisdiction involved. Thus, we encourage you to seek your own legal counsel if you have any questions about whether your particular proposed use is permitted without Nintendo's authorization. Nintendo cannot provide legal advice.

Tera Ricshon

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
so i want to do a amv of the pokemon movie 3 but im utterly terrified on what ive heard out of nintendo copyright,i heard there strict about it

and i cant get there permission because when i go to there site i get this

We appreciate the interest in Nintendo and in all our video game products. To us, it represents a great sign of success and recognition of the Nintendo brand.

"Nintendo" is a registered trademark of Nintendo of America Inc. Nintendo owns extensive intellectual property rights in all of its products, including video game systems, game titles, characters, game software, graphics, artwork, and screen shots. Nintendo also retains rights in content on Nintendo's web sites, including articles, artwork, screen shots and other files. Trademarks and copyrights for third-party games and characters are owned by the companies that market or license those products.

While we are grateful for all the requests for permission to use Nintendo properties, we are not able to grant such requests. We receive thousands of requests and we do not have adequate staffing to review them all. Therefore, our general policy is to decline requests for permission for the use of Nintendo properties.

Although we are not able to grant permission, use of Nintendo's properties without formal permission by Nintendo may still be allowed under the relevant laws of the particular jurisdiction involved. Thus, we encourage you to seek your own legal counsel if you have any questions about whether your particular proposed use is permitted without Nintendo's authorization. Nintendo cannot provide legal advice.
You may not want to hear this but you probably shouldn't make an amv of the movie. The last bit you read about them allowing some content without expressed permission is for works meant to promote (positively) or educate someone about their products. An AMV doesn't do that because of the music used. The music may not be what they want to associate with their product and therefore you do not have permission.

ViVexx

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
a amv is kinda like a parody video :D i have the right to use the content #fairuse
Except I'm pretty sure Fair Use is a case by case situation. I think I read that the originator of the content can ultimately make the call as to whether or not it's fair use. In the end, it seems it'll be taken down but will only be a matter of "when". Why not focus your creative energy toward something else that won't just disappear one day ? ;)

Reactions: WolfWraith

jakassme

the amv guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer, Commentator
Except I'm pretty sure Fair Use is a case by case situation. I think I read that the originator of the content can ultimately make the call as to whether or not it's fair use. In the end, it seems it'll be taken down but will only be a matter of "when". Why not focus your creative energy toward something else that won't just disappear one day ? ;)
eh i bet i could do what bart baker did he disputed it against the producers of the song royals and won easy because of fair use

ViVexx

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
eh i bet i could do what bart baker did he disputed it against the producers of the song royals and won easy because of fair use
Do what you will, just know that the producers of Royals and Nintendo are two completely different giants. ;)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Except I'm pretty sure Fair Use is a case by case situation. I think I read that the originator of the content can ultimately make the call as to whether or not it's fair use.

Oh please don't spread that legal advice. The originator of the content has ZERO impact on what constitutes fair use.

ViVexx

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Oh please don't spread that legal advice. The originator of the content has ZERO impact on what constitutes fair use.
Eh, it was something I thought I read while researching fair use when I wanted to use something in a video. I just poked around again and didn't find that anywhere, so I promise that blurb dies here. ;)