If a video gets taken down due to copy right infringement...

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have some questions... I have 2 videos that MAY have copy righted content on it. One of them has got 3 pictures taken from news sites and the other one has a background music from a royalty free site which I forgot the link to... I have not monetized those two videos but the rest of my videos are monetized. My question is if they get taken down does my monetization ability also get removed? Or do I just get a strike?

Another question is, is there an online video editor on youtube that allows me to put an image over those images?

Thanks in advanced.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you get 3 strikes and then you are out if a video is removed for copyright infringement I believe you could get one of those 3 strikes. I doubt you will get banned from Adsense/Monetisation on your account for 1 strike. I dont think you will get people coming after you for using their images, if you were big on YouTube then it could be a big problem but right now I doubt it will cause you much trouble, best thing to do is just avoid using anything you didnt make or whatever yourself. I fancy getting myself a good quality camera, not video camera just for this purpose when I need images.

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I think you get 3 strikes and then you are out if a video is removed for copyright infringement I believe you could get one of those 3 strikes. I doubt you will get banned from Adsense/Monetisation on your account for 1 strike. I dont think you will get people coming after you for using their images, if you were big on YouTube then it could be a big problem but right now I doubt it will cause you much trouble, best thing to do is just avoid using anything you didnt make or whatever yourself. I fancy getting myself a good quality camera, not video camera just for this purpose when I need images.
Alright thanks. I have posted links to the news story as well and I am working on finding that site I used for the music lol, But I am sure it was royalty free. Will double check when I find it. I also used some effects from another youtubers account but in the description it said anyone can use if it is acknowledged... which I have done. Its so stressful all this copy right shizz... lol
. Thanks for your answer!

Reactions: Michael