I decided to disable monetization on every single video.

Adelais

Liking YTtalk
So...as the title says.

Not sure if I made the right decision or not. I went on every channel and disabled monetization for every single video.

I don't want my adsense account to get disabled, hence the decision.

Wise one or a stupid one?

Should I wait until I have partnered up and then enable monetisation?

Any ideas?

Congrats! You have joined a long line of YTtalkers to follow that same path, Including myself.

I think most will agree that it was a smart move, and any few cents you'd have made are in no way worth the risk.

Congrats! You have joined a long line of YTtalkers to follow that same path, Including myself.

I think most will agree that it was a smart move, and any few cents you'd have made are in no way worth the risk.

Yeah there is no arguing with google as far as I have come to understand! If they decide to disable it, however unreasonably so, I don't think I will be able to persuade them that they have done it unreasonably so :D

Out of curiosity...my adsense account will be safe after partnering up, right?

Yeah there is no arguing with google as far as I have come to understand! If they decide to disable it, however unreasonably so, I don't think I will be able to persuade them that they have done it unreasonably so :D

Out of curiosity...my adsense account will be safe after partnering up, right?

It'll be "safe" as in "can't destroy your youtube account" at that point. :rolleyes:

hello, iam agreed from fullscreen partner and they send to me contract
i like to be partner with them( fullscreen)
i have some videos "matched third party content" plz, is there probleme with this ??? i don't want monetization from thoses videos, i can??? plz answer me with sure answer plz, thanks

Im new to youtube and I have become a partner and have monatized all of my videos. To tell you the truth, I dont know why. I dont get that many viewers haha

I am under the impression that having your videos monetized helps them rank higher in searches and related videos. Also, if your video is monetized through adsense youtube will sometimes "feature" your video at the top of the related videos column. I have seen a number of my adsense monetized videos "featured" at the top of the related videos column when I am watching other peoples videos.

I actually DID disable monetization on my all of my videos for a few days last month. And my views dropped significantly (My views don't come from the sub box, a huge portion come from search engine and related videos column). When I monetized my videos again the daily view counts went back to what I was used to at the time.

I have signed a contract with a network and am in the process of waiting for them to fully integrate my videos into their network. The process is supposed to take a few weeks I guess...

I am under the impression that having your videos monetized helps them rank higher in searches and related videos. Also, if your video is monetized through adsense youtube will sometimes "feature" your video at the top of the related videos column. I have seen a number of my adsense monetized videos "featured" at the top of the related videos column when I am watching other peoples videos.

I actually DID disable monetization on my all of my videos for a few days last month. And my views dropped significantly (My views don't come from the sub box, a huge portion come from search engine and related videos column). When I monetized my videos again the daily view counts went back to what I was used to at the time.

I have signed a contract with a network and am in the process of waiting for them to fully integrate my videos into their network. The process is supposed to take a few weeks I guess...

Yeah to be honest I'm not too happy about the fact that I had to disable monetization. I realized that monetized videos receive more views a long time ago. But I think I will be even more depressed if I was to receive an email from adsense telling me that my account has been deactivated :(

If you are joining a network then I suppose that's fine, but for me, it's a bit risky.[DOUBLEPOST=1352487212,1352486862][/DOUBLEPOST]
hello, iam agreed from fullscreen partner and they send to me contract
i like to be partner with them( fullscreen)
i have some videos "matched third party content" plz, is there probleme with this ??? i don't want monetization from thoses videos, i can??? plz answer me with sure answer plz, thanks

I don't know much about Networks but as far as I know you can enable or disable the monetization for individual videos by going to your video manager, clicking on the green button which shows that the video is monetized, and this would then take you dirctly to the page where you can disable monetization by unticking the box which says "monetize".[DOUBLEPOST=1352487446][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im new to youtube and I have become a partner and have monatized all of my videos. To tell you the truth, I dont know why. I dont get that many viewers haha

If you want to make serious money with youtube in the future and don't want to potentially get your adsense account deactivated then I think it might be good if you disabled monetization.

Back