How to Promote a YouTube channel and get loyal subbies

Rosie Marie

Hello everyone

I know a lot of subbies come from basic browsing but I wanted to know from youtube partners, how did you get there? Was it doing video responses? Did you promote yourself on a different site? I really allow a lot of feedback, I am already confident as ever but my goal for this year is to get partnered. That can take a while but I'm reluctant than ever to achieve that goal.

Any tips, tricks or just advice is very much welcome.

Thanks lovelies. :wub:

I'm working on that myself. :) Having patience is the mindset you have to go in with. Everyone isn't going to have a viral video, and frankly I don't know how you plan one. I think talking with subs and commentators, visiting other channels, and respecting your craft is a great place to start. I would suggest folks not to just toss up any old comment, but adding good stuff to other channels comments. Being a real part of your genre community. Always looking for ways to improve your content, be regular, and try and be interesting. I haven't had much luck with video responses. But others might.

My Current Strategy
1. Quality Content released consistently
2. Engage your subs and people who take the time to comment (within reason)
3. Add comments of value to others channels/blogs and websites in your genre
4. Do a call of action at for every video
5. Ask respected members of your genre to have a look (keep it short and sweet)
6. Tell everyone I know in real life
7. Announce new videos on twitter, facebook, google+ or whatever, to remind folks to check you out
8. Tease upcoming content
9. Have special giveaways, this doesn't have to be expensive or big, just something that your genre will enjoy
10. Tent poling, meaning have content relevant to actual events, could be holidays, fashion week, sports, the release of a new video game

I'm trying to become a partner myself as well, it seems that frequent uploads with quality content will be your best bet! Please check out my channel if you get the chance?

Back