How much work are you willing to put in to make it big?

I'm on school holidays & between my 2 channels i'm working from when I wake up until I go to bed (Sleeping around 5-6 hours) Mostly working on my new channel which is having crazy growth because of how much i'm putting into it :) First month & i'm at 150 subs/20k views daily
Subscribed, love the music you upload, it really helps me revise:)
 
I only promote the videos I really like. The last 2 I made I didn't promote at all, in part to see where my channel was at on it's own, and in part because I don't like them that much and don't even really know where to post them. That's why the viewcounts are pretty dismal for my recent videos.

Some of my other videos took off with little to no promotion either, though. I wish when that happened it translated to more subscribers, though. I don't know how 1,000 people watched a video and then didn't click through to the channel for the most part (it's like a 1% conversion rate or something sad like that). But hey, I'm glad those videos did well...

The next video I release I'll promote a lot, because I think it'll be really funny. It's not even made yet, though, so we'll see!
 
The effort we put in isn't just to "make it big", but also because I want to make sure that each video we put out meets a certain standard. There was one weekend actually, where we shot one of our videos for a few hours, but I didn't feel like the topic was "clicking". So we actually scrapped that entire shoot and the team were swell enough to meet up again the next day to film an entirely new episode - which actually became the "First Dates" video :) A portion of the "lost episode" is actually in our new deleted scenes video, playing during the endplate.

I'm definitely a perfectionist, and when I'm passionate about something, I'll go gung-ho about it and work myself like mad.

But the best, and most important, part of all this, is that I'm really enjoying and loving what we're doing :D
 
I can actually spend most of my day doing something revolving around my YouTube channel. I have to actually force myself to get up and do something else for a while...
 
Well I just put the time making editing and writing subtitles for my monday and thursday video. I do not want to make it big youtube is pretty much a hobby for me ! :wub:
 
probably 8-10 hours a day lol... and its on my mind the other 12-14 hours. (yes, even when im sleeping)
 
I put in about 3 hours a day advertising myself the best I can its a hard market so you really have to get yourself out there.
 
Back
Top