How do you get started?

Noisemaze

Reaction score
I need to get started but I don't have anything. And I pretty much know nothing about making videos. I don't have a camera or cell/smart phone. I would like to get a cheap old smartphone just to record video but I don't know what kind I should go for. And I don't have a lot of money.

I'm disabled & don't get enough money to live on each month. I keep seeing all these videos saying you could make extra money by making Youtube videos. It sounds great but hard as hell.

So how are you supposed to get started? At this point it seems like a lost cause. I'm extremely discouraged/bummed out.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the forum & congrats on 1st post. Youtubing can feel extremely difficult at start, but as you learn it will get easier & more fun. Have you chosen a topic yet? Is it something that you areinterested & experienced in? Using cellphone as a camera is a good idea that's how I started.

Noisemaze

Reaction score
I have ideas for 6 different channels that I'm interested & experienced in. I'll start with whichever is easiest. But first I need to get a cheap phone or camera.

Andrew0109

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
smart phone are not great indoors unless you get some studio lights and there cheap. Cameras look great outdoors indoors requires more planning. Get a tripod as well and if possible a microphone