How do I Upload Remixes Without Getting a Copyright Strike?

I recently uploaded a remix of Zedd's "Find You" because I noticed he had uploaded the acapella to soundcloud. My remix was similar enough to get filtered, but fortunately I was able to acknowledge the use of copyrighted materials and keep the video online. I don't mind that his record label will take the money, I'm not exactly getting many views anyway, I just want to know what the best way to ensure I don't get a video taken down and a strike on my account. Thanks for any info you can provide!

AkSupertiger

Make sure the remix is as different as possible to the original.

I run a music promotion channel & i know how difficult remixes can be. Generally you won't get a strike unless the label takes action. (But that's only if it's the original really)

Hope i helped :)

I recently uploaded a remix of Zedd's "Find You" because I noticed he had uploaded the acapella to soundcloud. My remix was similar enough to get filtered, but fortunately I was able to acknowledge the use of copyrighted materials and keep the video online. I don't mind that his record label will take the money, I'm not exactly getting many views anyway, I just want to know what the best way to ensure I don't get a video taken down and a strike on my account. Thanks for any info you can provide!

AkSupertiger
If you use *any* part of someone's original creation, they have the rights to a part of your ad revenue unless you have signed an agreement with them to indicate otherwise. There are no tips to avoid ContentID... Just only use content you have licenses for.

Words can really be sketchy at times, be careful with how the lyrics are placed together.

Back