How Can I Make a Small Channel Still Look Good in a Sponsor Deck?

avronaYT

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
So as a tech YouTuber, working with tech brands is something that's common in the space and something I really want to get in on, as I feel like it would really help my channel. Even though I already have a strat of putting all the money I have down to the penny into my channel, I mainly focus on things that improve the quality of my videos, rather than products for one-off videos. And even though I still do that from time to to time, they just haven't been proving to be really worth the money. Recently however my channel hit a major milestone as I finally got my first review sample from a smaller company in the PC cooling scene. I have asked a few companies before, but these are the first to actually respond. I was rather surprised that they did as honestly my channel doesn't have much to offer brands, so that's why I'm here asking about this.

I am making a sponsor deck to send around to hopefully get more products for videos for free/cheap, to allow me to spend more money on other equipment. But the truth is my channel doesn't have much to offer. With only a mere 4k subs after over 7 years, with most of them being inactive and some videos struggling to even hit 100 views, and people not interacting with me at all on social media, how can I still make my channel look good in a sponsor deck? How can I frame all that info in a way that could still make companies work with my channel? As nothing else that's really supposed to help my channel worked so far, this is really one of the last ways I could think of to maybe finally grow in some way.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Fro,m a commercial perspective:

Tech stuff is typically expensive and for a small channel with hardly any views (in the big scheme of things) it simply isn't commercially viable to them to give you free or discounted products.

The challenge you will need to face, as your channel grows is to make sure your reviews don't come across as simply press-releases from the company - a big advertisement - as viewers tend to dislike that.

Possibly an option for you might be - rather than targeting Noctua, Nvidia etc etc directly - perhaps see if a computer shop is interested and review/discuss/showcase the products they offer or are trying to promote.

Good luck!

avronaYT

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Fro,m a commercial perspective:

Tech stuff is typically expensive and for a small channel with hardly any views (in the big scheme of things) it simply isn't commercially viable to them to give you free or discounted products.

The challenge you will need to face, as your channel grows is to make sure your reviews don't come across as simply press-releases from the company - a big advertisement - as viewers tend to dislike that.

Possibly an option for you might be - rather than targeting Noctua, Nvidia etc etc directly - perhaps see if a computer shop is interested and review/discuss/showcase the products they offer or are trying to promote.

Good luck!
I do already have a big list of comapnies I want to contanct, including some smaller PC parts companies, now it's just the case of finishing off that document to send out to those companies. So what can I put in it then to make my channel look better?

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, if they have any business acumen they are going to look at your channel stats and no amount of "gee I'm good" spin is going to change a decision made purely on a commercial basis.