Help needed

jennyp

Reaction score
Hello,

This is in regards to new the new youtube channel created by someone I know. The channel is good, the content is good and even the intention are good. But still the creator is not getting what he deserves. Can anyone help here with advice and tips for new creators?

Also am I allowed to link the channel here?

Regards,

J

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi Jenny,
you can link the channel but you need to be a bit more specific if you want feedback from the community.

personally i think everyone deserves exactly the amount of subscription they have. No more, no less. There channel might have potential to grow into a bigger channel but they don't "deserve" or are owed more subs. (at least in my book)

now to grow his or her channel:

• Who is their target audience?
  • How do they convey to their target audience that their content is for them?
  • How often do they post?
  • Do they hook the viewer in right from the start of the video?
  • Have they paid attention to their analytics?
  • What do their thumbnails look like?
  • What does their channel icon look like?
  • Do they use interesting titles?
  • Do they create evergreen content or timely content?

jennyp

Reaction score
Nice Kid,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Here is the link:

The contents are posted every Thursday. He is my boss and is a well known name in the industry.

So far the only thing he is doing is posting content. He is not investing anything in ads or anywhere else. I am not sure if he has any plans to do so in the future or not.

Let me know if you need any more information.

J.

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
There's so much content out there that if you're not actively promoting yourself somewhere I don't see how anyone would actually find it.

Reactions: jennyp

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So he has 2 channels. One in English and one in Hindi.
Unsurprisingly, his hindi content is doing better than his english content. Across the board the hindi version of the videos have more views and likes.
I hate to say this but a lot of americans and europeans will click off if your accent isn't either from North America or Europe (or australian /new zealand too I guess). Some people find it too hard to understand, I think it's mainly western bias. Even myself who speaks multiple languages most likely would have clicked off and looks for a western sounding english video. I'm not saying it's fair or even good. Just giving you my honest feedback. This might sound offensive but I think I would have a hard time growing a channel if I spoke hindi because my accent would likely be very strong. Like wise I think his English channel is going to be harder to grow. Convincing someone your content is for them when you don't sound like them is tricky, but I've seen it done many times (typically people who make physical stuff or teach stuff though).

His channel is doing "just fine". Looks like his first video has a higher amount of views. I'm guessing he promoted his first video with his friends and family and isn't doing that any more. If he wants to grow, he's going to need to promote and collab often. If he's your boss, then maybe he should collab with you and then you can share the video that you were in. And he can collab with others in the industry (though I'm not sure what industry this is). If he does 20 collabs, that's 20 different groups of people sharing the content out and 20 networks of friends and family. If he keeps it up I'm sure he will grow his channels. This channel is new which explain the low view count but he making content that will actually help people.

typically, I would suggest focusing on one target audience, but i think since he has two channels one in English and one in Hindi they can have two different target audiences.

(I'm just going to type the rest of this as fast as possible because Im overthinking it)
He should answer these questions for both channel
Who is his target audience

What do they like?
What do they need?
what is their education level?
where do they live?
what jokes do they find funny?
what kind of youtuber do they watch?
etc etc.
It really helps to get this down before he make a lot of videos so someone in his target audience who clicks on his video know this content was custom made for them

Case and point - the way i talk to my parents is not the same way I talk to my friends. If I was making a channel with my parents being the target audience the style and pacing of the video would be very different than if I was making content for my friends even if it covered the same topic.

as for thumbnails - looks mainly good to me
channel icon - i wish it was closer to his face

ps. I realize in this post it sounds like I'm assuming his english content is for westerners . I'm not actually assuming this. This assumption was made for the sake of the post, because otherwise I started over thinking this post waay to much
I know there are waaay more english speakers from non western countries and they very well may be the main target audience for his english channel, but I can't exactly speak from that point of view without overthinking everything.

Best of luck with the channels.
sorry for all the rambling just trying to help.

Reactions: Boris Qs and jennyp

jennyp

Reaction score
Rhody - Thanks a lot for your reply. I totally understand that promotion is the key. I will share the advice with my boss. Feel free to guide again in future.

jennyp

Reaction score
Nicekid - You are nice and helpful :)

Happy to know that the channel is doing "just fine". This is positive. We felt its going down.

As for collaboration - I don't have any channel. I am here to help him. But I will surely tell him to collab with other content creators so that he can grow.

He is a Business Coach, Life Coach and belongs to the same industry. His target audience are the people who are mostly interested in learning life skills or growing their business.

I completely understand the accent part. But does that matter? Isn't content the real king? And accent can be ignored... Isn't this changing.

The intention behind starting two channels is to help as many people as he can. In past, he has spend more than a decade serving people from USA and UK through outsourcing industry and hence the English content for his international client. The Hindi one is to connect more with the Indian audience. With that I would also like to share that certain crowd in India prefer English over Hindi. And they are huge in numbers. The English channel is also to serve them.

Oh no, you are not rambling. You are helping. I am surprised to see how much efforts you have taken to work on write this post and share your knowledge with me. I am super thankful to you for the same :)