GoPro Hero 3+ or Canon Rebel T4i

I would go for the Canon. a gopro is an action cam. It is designed to be tough, not to be good quality. Compared to even an entry level DSLR, the audio and colour qualities are terrible.
 
I would go for the Canon. a gopro is an action cam. It is designed to be tough, not to be good quality. Compared to even an entry level DSLR, the audio and colour qualities are terrible.
This is not true. With protune the color quality is great, When shooting outside. Also the mic isn't bad either. This is recording on the go. I have the gopro hero 3+ black edition,
 
This is not true. With protune the color quality is great, When shooting outside. Also the mic isn't bad either. This is recording on the go. I have the gopro hero 3+ black edition,

I may have overexaggerated by saying that it was terrible but the colour depth and dynamic range just aren't there. The mic isn't that "bad" but it is hardly good either, especially when recording a voice. We are not necessarily always trying to record on the go. What I am trying to say is, and this may sound harsh, but a lot of people will just not be prepared to sit through a video on a handheld phone camera or gopro. People expect good quality audio and video and since this is perfectly possible to achieve, I don't see why clicking on is necessarily a bad thing. A good youtube video requires both good content and good quality - for me, the gopro doesn't cut it.
 
I may have overexaggerated by saying that it was terrible but the colour depth and dynamic range just aren't there. The mic isn't that "bad" but it is hardly good either, especially when recording a voice. We are not necessarily always trying to record on the go. What I am trying to say is, and this may sound harsh, but a lot of people will just not be prepared to sit through a video on a handheld phone camera or gopro. People expect good quality audio and video and since this is perfectly possible to achieve, I don't see why clicking on is necessarily a bad thing. A good youtube video requires both good content and good quality - for me, the gopro doesn't cut it.
I agree to that, but the gopro shoots some amazing footage if used like it's supposed too. Examples: car racing, helmet cams, constant movement on things, etc.....

That's why I mentioned above that the gopro is not for vlogging inside. But agree with your post.
 
I agree to that, but the gopro shoots some amazing footage if used like it's supposed too. Examples: car racing, helmet cams, constant movement on things, etc.....

That's why I mentioned above that the gopro is not for vlogging inside. But agree with your post.

I agree with this too. The gopro is by far the best action cam I am ever used amd is excellent for fast motion. :)
 
I agree to that, but the gopro shoots some amazing footage if used like it's supposed too. Examples: car racing, helmet cams, constant movement on things, etc.....

That's why I mentioned above that the gopro is not for vlogging inside. But agree with your post.

Fair enough - it is an excellent action cam! :)
 
Back
Top