Eating channels

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hello,

What is your guys opinion on eating channels? Those where they eat a lot, like mukbangs.

I know that in general people really seem to enjoy that type of content, but at the same time I think it's oversaturated already and I dont know it could be done to be different.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I actually JUST discovered this genre of video. There is something about them that I find really satisfying and I don't know why. So to me it hasn't gotten old! :D I also don't make it a point to watch them so I guess they are still fresh to me. I'm sure that just like other videos, someone somewhere will find a way to make it different! MAYBE.

Reactions: Phiul

Gnarly Charlie Bean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You just gotta differentiate yourself from the rest in some way, you could definately pull it off, but you just need a selling point if that makes sense.But I love those videos so I'd support it lol

Reactions: Phiul

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi folks,

As I've said in another topic, I will start a large quantity food eating channel, but I'll do it in my native language, there is no such channel here and I think it could work. There is too much competition outside with such good and established channels, I wouldn't have much chance there.

Anyway what do you think of the idea of starting by eating foods according to the abecedary? For example 1st video with food/dishes with letter "A," next video with letter "B", and so on.

Also asking for food suggestions for the next day in the end of each video.

Thank you.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Besides the legendary Foodreviewbrah I don't watch those foodchannels. However I do watch travel for food related channels, such as Mark Wiens, The Food Ranger and Best Ever Food Review Show. With the latter having gone from a mid sized channel to absolutely exploding in a matter of a few months.

It might be saturated, but finding a different angle, niche or by simply having a great production value/quality should go along way in succeeding in this ''eating'' niche. :)

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yes, I also see Mark Wiens, he is really cool!

I also like those kind of channels but it's not my kind of thing to do. Generally speaking, I think there is feeling of satisfaction by watching someone eating.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have seen some videos from Epic Meal time, and found them kinda ridiculous! But then again, the outrageousness of it the channel makes people want to watch them I suppose!
But all in all, i´m not that interested in eating/food channels!

JMack77

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
New here first post. I run a food review channel and have gotten great feedback thus far since switching over from a different theme.