Do you like the new Youtube layout?

Do you like the new Youtube layout?

• Total voters
I like it, everyone else is sitting there moaning that creativity is being lost with the new layout, I DISAGREE, i think this update will show who the better designers are, and who can still create fantastic designs on this new layout, and we have to adapt and change our designs to fit this new layout, people who aren't happy are just going to have to get used to it.

I said this on the other thread made about this, but YT has never, ever promoted smaller channels (under a couple thousand subs), not in seven years.

So this layout won't make a spit of difference as to who subscribes or not. I can see many people make it the excuse as to why they're not getting famous though.

Are you talking about the channel layout that only certain YouTubers seem to have? Or are you guys talking about other things?

If someone can provide a before/after picture that will be great for people like me who hasn't been too active on YouTube until recently ha.

Are you talking about the channel layout that only certain YouTubers seem to have? Or are you guys talking about other things?

If someone can provide a before/after picture that will be great for people like me who hasn't been too active on YouTube until recently ha.

The one iJustine has is the one that everyone will have as of 22nd Feb, nobody will have a choice. The only difference is non-partners do not get the banner image.

Another thing anyone who uses AdBlock, it has to be disabled in order to see the header image.

Reactions: Lin
No. It's horrible.

1. Every channel will look the same.
2. They are promoting Elites on smaller channels
3. You only get a stinking header
4. It's boring to look at.

I have started to like most of it, I cannot say I love it but I can see myself getting used to it, it makes sense that channels should fit in with the rest of the site and they have achieved that.

There are a few things I dont like, the popular channels being on the right, something I have noticed though is it isnt on all of the channels who have the new layout so I am hoping there's a way to switch that off. I dont think image maps will be included too so that means your link positioning will be the same no matter what channel you visit, it would be consistent but that's the thing, when something is so consistent people get used to ignoring it, it is the same with advertisements on websites, regular users become blind to them and I think that will happen with the links, with the current layout we can customise how the links look in our backgrounds so you can make them stand out to visitors with a little bit of creativity.

I changed my mind. After seeing Pearls awesome background, I realised I wouldn't be able to have one like that either. :spin:

So, no.

I agree that it takes away the personality, but I don't mind either way. For the old layout, it is great for creative designs. For the new layout, well it is more "modernized". I personally prefer simple/plain. But yes, people will get used to it and ignore ad placement like Michael mentioned.

This layout change reminds me of MySpace (if anyone still remembers it!). MySpace had layout customization while Facebook stuck with the plain blue universal layout. Facebook did further "modernized" their layouts but that is another story.

With the new layout, I do like the way how they organize the channel's videos. Kind of encourages users to check out more videos. For example, the popular video section, with the "old" (to me it is still current lol) layout, I will have to do a "sort" under the uploaded videos to see them. With the layout, the channel is advertising a lot more videos at once that are sorted differently.

I have started to like most of it, I cannot say I love it but I can see myself getting used to it, it makes sense that channels should fit in with the rest of the site and they have achieved that.

There are a few things I dont like, the popular channels being on the right, something I have noticed though is it isnt on all of the channels who have the new layout so I am hoping there's a way to switch that off. I dont think image maps will be included too so that means your link positioning will be the same no matter what channel you visit, it would be consistent but that's the thing, when something is so consistent people get used to ignoring it, it is the same with advertisements on websites, regular users become blind to them and I think that will happen with the links, with the current layout we can customise how the links look in our backgrounds so you can make them stand out to visitors with a little bit of creativity.
I agree with you here, I don't like the there isn't a background it's just plain white/light grey.

Back