Digging and Stumbling Videos

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone here ever tried Digging their videos on YouTube or using StumbleUpon on them? That's something I have been thinking about lately as you can submit articles and videos on both Digg and StumbleUpon and doing so could potentially send your video viral if it is good enough or at the very least grab you some views and traffic from both of the sites.

I wonder if any of the other social bookmarking websites work well with YouTube videos and allow you to submit them. I fancy testing this out some time and perhaps doing a few exchanges with people here because it sounds like it could work well and at least it is free if there isnt much gained.

lalgsw

Reaction score
redit got me about 200 views on my chess vid, facebook got me around 100 and stumbleupon 50

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
redit got me about 200 views on my chess vid, facebook got me around 100 and stumbleupon 50
Thanks for sharing that with us Lalgsw, I might have to try reddit at some point as thats pretty good considering many think Facebook is the one and only way :)

lalgsw

Reaction score
the thing with reddit is that people won't interact with it as much as in facebook. When u post on facebook, most of the people who are on there and see it will comment or thumb....reddit will just give u views

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
the thing with reddit is that people won't interact with it as much as in facebook. When u post on facebook, most of the people who are on there and see it will comment or thumb....reddit will just give u views
It's better than nothing still and probably worth trying just to get some extra exposure :)

zeeeeeeek

YourStreetPerformer
Reaction score
I'm actually using both digg and stumbleupon.. stumble upon uses dump.com servers and has got me 400 views on one of my videos. so i suggest you try them and see how it goes for you

Reactions: Michael

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't really do any of this, it's a good idea though. I've used StumbleUpon a lot in the past for my own entertainment, and I think people are generally curious and interested to see new content when they use it, so you should be able to get something out of it :) So yeah, I'm gonna start using StumbleUpon on them :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's my problem with using external sites, most of the time it is for shameless promotion, if I go on Digg I dont go there to Digg anything than my own content, the same with StumbleUpon :D

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
If you have the right interests checked on SU, you can find some amazing stuff :) When I'm really bored I just go to stumble upon video's, and hope to find something awesome.

zeeeeeeek

YourStreetPerformer
Reaction score
agree on the interest. when i first singed up the first 10 views that popped up were very intersting.. then when i screwed around with the things that im interested in. it started going down hills from there. but now its all fixed again