copyright claims on all my music

scopus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
hello every song i upload on youtube i get copyright claim "video cannot be monetized" , im getting this cdbaby copyright owner claim:
Copyright owners
CD Baby
On behalf of: (Label the music is released)

My music i released with a label but i didnt sign any contract and i filed the music through copyright.gov before releasing with the label, so i was thinking i own the copyrights. Do they have the right to take monetization of my music? if no what should i do?

thnks

Last edited:

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sounds like a matter requiring legal advice - as far as rights to you own music if you've an arrangment with a label.

meanwhile have you contested it with YT citing some sort of evidence re you are the author/composer/creator?

scopus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Sounds like a matter requiring legal advice - as far as rights to you own music if you've an arrangment with a label.

meanwhile have you contested it with YT citing some sort of evidence re you are the author/composer/creator?
yes i disputed it saying i was creator and copyright owner. dispute got regected by cdbaby. Its like if anything that is released on cdbaby they get monetization rights and theres nothing i can do about it. Pretty sure they are in the wrong as i registered the music with copyright.gov before releasing and i didnt sign any contract

thnks