Company obligation in my country.

Demohero101

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am an English teacher in Turkey and I have a YouTube channel. In my county there is a strange state rule (regulation). According to this regulation, an officer can't get any money except his job and trading is strictly forbidden. I started to get some money from adsense these days and my country evaluates this as a trading activity and forbids me doing it. My state force me to create and run a personal company to get the tax from my adsense revenue. I want to give my tax but the regulation forbids me from creating a personal company. Strange sitiuation. I want to learn if there are similar rules in your countries. Do you have to create a personal company to get adsense revenue in your countries? What about international YouTube regulations? Does YouTube force people to create a personal company to get adsense revenue? I need answers and explanations. Thank you.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Do you have to create a personal company to get adsense revenue in your countries? What about international YouTube regulations? Does YouTube force people to create a personal company to get adsense revenue?
YouTube doesn't care. It's not their problem. When you create an adsense account, you choose between a personal account or a professional account. If you choose personal account, they address the payment to you personally and you don't need to give company information. Or if you choose "company account", they address the money to a company name. The amount they send is the same. YouTube doesn't take tax at source. It's just the names that change.

Of course, with both personal adsense or company adsense account, you then must follow tax laws and declare the money but that is not YouTube's responsibility.

The tax laws and regulations depend on your country.

I'm in France. Here, all income must be declared. There is a simple type of company here that is like a "personal company" which has simplified accounting. You set up the company and then declare the adsense revenue every year and pay tax on it. That's it.

In France, there is also a law that say civil servants (people who work for the state) are not allowed to also have a second income in the private sector. But I think there is an exception for teachers - I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that teachers are allowed to earn money for giving private lessons but only a few hours per week. I'm not 100% sure though. I don't know how that is enforced though. Maybe you could ask other teachers if they give private lessons and if they declare that income? :)

Reactions: Demohero101

Demohero101

Reaction score
Thank you for the information Crown
:)

Yes I have rights for the private lessons for a few hours as you said but I don't understand the YouTube regulation. Civil cervants can easily earn money from Adsense. This is not like a usual trading. I share free educational videos and this activity should be a hobby. I wish I could earn some money from adsense and give my tax regularly but it is forbidden :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown

Demohero101

Reaction score
What YouTube regulation? What is Youtube forcing you to do? I don't understand.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with law terms. I mean the new regulations (law) of my country about YouTube. State law force me to create a personal company for the tax process. This company is not related to YouTube. It's only for taxing process. I am a civil servant and I am not allowed to create any kind of company. It's forbidden so I can't use Adsense to earn money. Earning money from Adsense is also forbbidden because it is accepted as trading. A civil servant can't trade according to the law.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Sorry, I'm not familiar with law terms. I mean the new regulations (law) of my country about YouTube. State law force me to create a personal company for the tax process. This company is not related to YouTube. It's only for taxing process. I am a civil servant and I am not allowed to create any kind of company. It's forbidden so I can't use Adsense to earn money. Earning money from Adsense is also forbbidden because it is accepted as trading. A civil servant can't trade according to the law.

Oh I see. There's not much you can do apart from quit your job (but I don't advise that!) Your problem is your job and your country's laws. Maybe you can continue with Youtube without monetization and you just try to grow the audience. If you succeed in growing the channel to a large amount of daily views, maybe you could then consider quiting your job (if you want to do Youtube full time)

Another solution - Can you become a teacher in the private sector? There must be private English schools where you could teach? Then you'd be allowed to do youtube and start a company. :)

Demohero101

Reaction score
I don't want to quit my job. I like my job. I haven't got a big channel. In fact money is not important for me. I just don't like the current YouTube law in my country. I wish I could earn some money from adsense without creating any company. I can easily give my tax and this is not a problem for me. I wanted to learn if there are any countries like mine. :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't want to quit my job. I like my job. I haven't got a big channel. In fact money is not important for me. I just don't like the current YouTube law in my country. I wish I could earn some money from adsense without creating any company. I can easily give my tax and this is not a problem for me. I wanted to learn if there are any countries like mine. :)
Yeah, same in France. Civil servants aren't allowed to set up private businesses.

Reactions: Demohero101