Commentaries

jeremy doosh

How do you do in game commentaries?
I know how record speech after and add it in but how do you do commentaries whilst playing the game?
I am not going to do commentaries, I just want to know so that I can help others.

Depends on which version of Windows you are using.
1) For Windows XP i use Fraps to record My voice altogether with the in-game sound. Choosing from windows Mixer the Stereo Mix Recording Device (tick the box) but you gotta tick your Microphone in Playback devices as well so you can hear yourself while you speak. (I use headset to do this so it doesnt get all mixed up). For the levels you gotta just do some testing, i Usually use my Microphone volume (in windows mixer) all the way up and the Ingame master sound at about 30%/20% to get a good leveling between them. Then just select on Fraps to record Windows sound and thats all, just press the record button and youre good to go!.
2) For windows 7/Vista, i guess the proccedure is the same but the difference is a little better that you can select to record App sounds ( like from a certain app you opened) .
As i dont have Windows 7/Vista/8 other users can answer that question a little better.

Hope that helped!!

Obviously there are other Recording programs , like Dxtory, Bandicam, Camtasia Studio. But i use Fraps cause its easier for me.

P.S.: Man you should do commentaries, it adds a bonus to what you are actually playing and makes it more fun for the ones watching. Its kinda boring IMO just watching someone playing and hearing only ingame sound. Just a thought! :)

Peace!

Danny

I presume you can talk through your headset during gameplay. However it does annoy other players.
Annoy other players? You mean its better for him just not to talk anything while recording a video?.
I disagree. I guess the main reason why someone would watch someone's gaming channel is because of the commentaries. I think at least there are more people that like commentators rather than guys who dont comment their gameplay.

Thats what makes your content different and unique. Adds a big bonus to the gameplay. There would be no need to watch a certain youtube channel if i needed to watch just a playthrough (no commentaries). That sucks cause in general people wont become an audience to that channel cause theyve already got what they wanted .

Just an opinion.

What I mean't was that it annoys other players in the game playing with you. And you ranting about stuff might annoy them. Also if you have a bad connection with the person doing the commentary you will get lots of feedback (random noises and background noise).

What I mean't was that it annoys other players in the game playing with you. And you ranting about stuff might annoy them. Also if you have a bad connection with the person doing the commentary you will get lots of feedback (random noises and background noise).
Oh yes! i got what you wanted to say now. Maybe i misunderstood. Sorry bout it!. :)

But that would be depending on what game you are playing. Don't think will be a problem in Solo gaming. I usually do Solo gaming. (im more like a forever alone guy).

Still think you could do commentaries without problem getting the proper sound configurations. Its mostly all about the windows mixer and the programs you are using to record. Ive got a separate device for front bay (microphone) and back microphone. So i can separate sound for recording and it doesnt get that kind of problems you are actually addressing.

Oh yes! i got what you wanted to say now. Maybe i misunderstood. Sorry bout it!. :)

But that would be depending on what game you are playing. Don't think will be a problem in Solo gaming. I usually do Solo gaming. (im more like a forever alone guy).

Still think you could do commentaries without problem getting the proper sound configurations. Its mostly all about the windows mixer and the programs you are using to record. Ive got a separate device for front bay (microphone) and back microphone. So i can separate sound for recording and it doesnt get that kind of problems you are actually addressing.

Yeah commentary over solo games or campaign will not annoy other gamers it's only when playing online. Sorry for the confusion.:O_o2:

Back