Cloning Yourself In Imovie BUT I HAVE BLUE HAIR

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Okay, so I've been messing around with Imovie forever, and the only way I know how to "clone myself" (so it looks like there's two of me, talking to eachother) was through green screen, as some of you might know, green screen/blue screen is needed for this. Does anybody have any other strategies to do this effect, besides with the screen? Because as the title suggests.. I have blue hair... and it always makes my hair transparent and that's not any good. My only idea was turning the scene b&w, but it's not really aesthetically pleasing. Any tips?

I usually clone myself using a tripod to film multiple clips without moving the camera instead of using a green screen. The first clip has the person off to the right and the second clip has the person off to the left. Sometimes you can squeeze in a third clip with the person standing in the middle. You can layer the two (or more) video clips on top of each other and crop the top video to show the bottom video. Then you have two videos playing at the same time, but it looks like there are two people standing next to each other. ^_^

It gets complicated if you try to pass each other or an object through the middle of the clip, so it takes some planning and rehearsing...but I think it's easier to clone this way than with a green screen. ^^

To get the timing right, I prerecord the audio script for all parts and put it on an mp3 player that I listen to while recording the video. I have to make multiple tracks on the mp3 player - one for each part. I listen to the "other part(s)" while filming each part, and it helps keep the timing and feel of the conversation more natural...

Usually the lighting and colors will need to be adjusted between the clips to make it look like a seamless video. Feathering the edges also helps with this! ^^

Or you could film a green-screen version wearing a wig, and a non-green-screen version without the wig (but in the room setting), and edit the videos together. Green screens are tricky in imovie because you don't have very much control over the spectrum of green or blue that it chooses to key out... =/

Back