ChuChu TV Alphabet Song copyright?

onlyjack

Reaction score
Are they the copyright holder for alphabet /phonics song, "a for apple a for ant...". If not, who is actually the creator. Can we make another arrangement for that song?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't think their is a single phonic song. I can think of 20 different songs that fit into the phonics alphabet song but then again I have a lot of teachers in my family.
I'm sure you can just make your own and I'm sure they are copyrighted. As for the default Alphabet song, ABCD... I think there's a good chance that it's public domain but Phonic songs are likely more recently made and thus still under copyright.

Last edited:

onlyjack

Reaction score
thx for reply, just cross in my mind what if i made a different arrangement, but with the same lyrics, d u think that will breaking copyright?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Unfortunately for you in this case, lyrics are copyrighted. I remember the website Genius being sued for hosting song lyrics and not having paid to show them. Technically speaking, if you are watching a song video on youtube and type the whole song lyrics into the comment section of that exact video, that's technically copyright infringement since you didn't have the rights to copy it. (I doubt anyone would care but just proving a point.

I don't think youtubes system would notice if you copied the lyrics and not the music, and it really depends on how much risk you want to take. 0% risk, 2% risk?

But it should be easyish to make your own lyrics.
A is airplane
B is Boat
C is Crayons
D is Dodrio (except Dodrio is definitely copyrighted by Pokemon)

1597287192997.png

Just to be clear, I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice.

Reactions: onlyjack