Channel Advertisement- What Bugs Me

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Hi there, so this is going to be a little one of those ramble on things. :p I'd like to talk about what bugs me when people try to advertise their videos. This isn't aimed at anyone, it's just in general.

This isn't a tip thread, it's just an opinion of mine and I've came across many who agree with me. So the really annoying this is when people try to make a good representation of their channel, a few people (not all) say something like "check out my epic videos" or "my videos are hilarious/great/amazing". The problem I have with this is here, they are being a bit big headed. Yes, you're obviously going to at least like your videos or be proud of them in a way, but you don't need to go and tell the viewers right in their face that the video is good. It should be up to the viewer to decide if they think the video is good or not. Fair enough, this person can have an opinion, but if it's just what they think as they created the video, it's not necessary to say what you think of them as an official intro to your videos. When you ask people how you improve on a video, only they are really going to be able to see what needs improving, you don't get feed back from your self! :confused:

Nothing is wrong with it though, it's not going to do any mega view loss or anything, but for me when I see someone making a fuss of their own videos, I usually get a feeling straight away the videos are not going to be as described. Unless you get a quote from someone indicating the video is good in some way, I don't think you should need to put if it is good or not, all you really need to do is explain what your channel/video is about, not how good or not, unless you are really big on youtube...

So, that's my little rant over, and just for those people who might get a slightly different message, i'm not asking anyone to change, or getting at someone, this is overall. And so, does anyone agree with me, or what's your view on it? :)

Hi there, so this is going to be a little one of those ramble on things. :p I'd like to talk about what bugs me when people try to advertise their videos. This isn't aimed at anyone, it's just in general.

This isn't a tip thread, it's just an opinion of mine and I've came across many who agree with me. So the really annoying this is when people try to make a good representation of their channel, a few people (not all) say something like "check out my epic videos" or "my videos are hilarious/great/amazing". The problem I have with this is here, they are being a bit big headed. Yes, you're obviously going to at least like your videos or be proud of them in a way, but you don't need to go and tell the viewers right in their face that the video is good. It should be up to the viewer to decide if they think the video is good or not. Fair enough, this person can have an opinion, but if it's just what they think as they created the video, it's not necessary to say what you think of them as an official intro to your videos. When you ask people how you improve on a video, only they are really going to be able to see what needs improving, you don't get feed back from your self! :confused:

Nothing is wrong with it though, it's not going to do any mega view loss or anything, but for me when I see someone making a fuss of their own videos, I usually get a feeling straight away the videos are not going to be as described. Unless you get a quote from someone indicating the video is good in some way, I don't think you should need to put if it is good or not, all you really need to do is explain what your channel/video is about, not how good or not, unless you are really big on youtube...

So, that's my little rant over, and just for those people who might get a slightly different message, i'm not asking anyone to change, or getting at someone, this is overall. And so, does anyone agree with me, or what's your view on it? :)

Good post. I Pretty much Agree with everything you have stated tbh, I find it pretty annoying when people get in my face about how great there channels are.

How are you going to grab there attention if they have nothing to get excited about?

They are just enhancement adjectives but you do have a point. I don't know if I've ever done this, I hope I haven't haha

How are you going to grab there attention if they have nothing to get excited about?
there are many other ways of grabbing attention other than boasting about how good something is from your own opinion, take music for example, they say things like award winning or quotes such as amazing to describe the song, not from how the creators see it, if you get what I mean? :)

Back