Can't record game play real time because of mic...

DashDingo

Liking YTtalk
So I have a headset/mic I use with push to talk because it picked up my breathing.
Well this week I finally got my Samson C01U in the mail and thought my life was changed forever... No more crappy headset mic right?
Wrong! It pics up the keyboard and mouse clicks with a vengeance!
Now I know I could record after I do footage but I love doing it on the fly, so any and all advice is welcome!
Also I noticed the sound dampening from behind the mic didn't work at all.

Cheers!

In all honesty, taking a think back to Sacriel42 and his mechanical keyboard, you may pull in people because they enjoy the sounds. I don't mind hearing them as it's all part of being a gamer if you ask me. You get akin to hearing key presses but it's something that you can't avoid a lot of the time if you're recording live. Just run with it and if you get a whole bunch of people complaining then it may be time to look into other means of eliminating it.

In all honesty, taking a think back to Sacriel42 and his mechanical keyboard, you may pull in people because they enjoy the sounds. I don't mind hearing them as it's all part of being a gamer if you ask me. You get akin to hearing key presses but it's something that you can't avoid a lot of the time if you're recording live. Just run with it and if you get a whole bunch of people complaining then it may be time to look into other means of eliminating it.
Well how about that, a fresh perspective is what I may just need! I shall stop fretting about it and try it out. Thanks for the advice.

I know that feels, pretty similar to me. I nearly completely got rid of key presses from my mechanical keyboard by angling my mic to the left away from my mouse, gets rid of many key presses and the mouse clicks are pretty faint.

I had this problem when I got a Blue Yeti. I found a super effective way is to adjust your gain, if your mic has that setting. If you're using Windows, you can adjust your gain setting in addition to adjusting the levels in the device properties.

I know that feels, pretty similar to me. I nearly completely got rid of key presses from my mechanical keyboard by angling my mic to the left away from my mouse, gets rid of many key presses and the mouse clicks are pretty faint.
Thanks for the heads up, I will keep trying angles.
I had this problem when I got a Blue Yeti. I found a super effective way is to adjust your gain, if your mic has that setting. If you're using Windows, you can adjust your gain setting in addition to adjusting the levels in the device properties.
Thanks for the tip, I have been messing around with the settings, I just assumed the c01u CD was a driver or program related to the mic, not a replacement for Audacity. P.s I added ya on steam :p

Not sure if it is kosher to throw out a video ( I think I broke a rule accidentally before) But it is he latest video on my channel about Planetside 2 Assault Buggies. It has the new mic in action, but it is recorded after with no keystrokes. Other than a P 'pop' I liked it.
Coolio ^.^ Let us know if you get it working well :)
You make me feel like I have no business in LoL with my noobiness and lack of cool terminology.

I have that mic, it can all depend on where you position the mic. In some of my video's my keyboard is loud and clear and in others it just subtle, just from my mic placement. And if you listen carefully to a lot of other youtubers, you can hear it aswell. For instance (and you may not like it ;) ) Pewdiepie uses the same microphone and his keyboard and mouse sounds are only subtle! :)

On the issue of a headset picking up breathing noises, I used to have that problem until I positioned my microphone right at the tip of my nose, outside of the airflow from my nose or mouth. It still picks up my voice decently, but there's no way for me to breathe into my mic anymore!

Back