Can someone explain the basics....

Hey everyone,

I've read quite a bit about monetization etc but I just thought I'd ask for the breakdown of it all. Like in simple terms just explain the whole way to monetizise your videos and anything in relation. please? I don't intend to do it ye as my channel is only really starting off and that would be sillyt...but maybe in the future possibly so it'd be cool to make sure I know quite a bit about it :)

Monetization is basically allowing ads to be shown on your videos for a small revenue of money. For videos to be considered for monetization they cannot have any adverisements, music, or generally any copyrighted content youtube would not allow in the first place. Monetization is run with google adsense, so you'll need an account with that, and you're payed through your bank account that you're supposed to link. You cannot send the money to your paypal.

Hope that helped a bit.

Hey everyone,

I've read quite a bit about monetization etc but I just thought I'd ask for the breakdown of it all. Like in simple terms just explain the whole way to monetizise your videos and anything in relation. please? I don't intend to do it ye as my channel is only really starting off and that would be sillyt...but maybe in the future possibly so it'd be cool to make sure I know quite a bit about it :)

Watched your light video, I thought it was very good :). I would like to do some shortfilm like projects in the future, planning on maybe/hopefully getting a 50mm lens for my t3i DSLR to shoot with.

Watched your light video, I thought it was very good :). I would like to do some shortfilm like projects in the future, planning on maybe/hopefully getting a 50mm lens for my t3i DSLR to shoot with.
Aw thank you! Yes definitely - it might pain you at the time getting everything shot etc but the final product is always worth it. I highly recommend the 50mm lens...it makes life so much easier!

Back