British Cat baffles Scientists with Magnetic Paws

Jon Brooks

Loving YTtalk
A deaf British cat video has gone viral after stunning the world with its magnetic-like paws. Scientists are baffled by how Camino, a 17-year-old black cat from Manchester, UK, is able to attract items with her feline paws. Dr. Steven Smith, director of the Animal Institute at the University of Cheshire in England said "This cat has superpowers. People require some sort of a mental justification for such a strange phenomenon. I suspect witchcraft, it's the only logical explanation."

Experts say the cat may have developed this skill due to being deaf. Professor Annie Mull states that scientists have long known that deaf cats have heightened senses outside of their impairment. A Nature Neuroscience neurological study of cats helped explain the phenomenon. In a study of deaf cats, researchers found that brain regions that normally assisted in hearing were taken over and used to enhance surrounding energy fields instead. As Wired reported, this may correspond to how deaf people are able to detect movement and peripheral activity better than sighted people. Additional studies will be required to determine if other senses, such as taste, touch and smell are also affected.

hahahahah! this is cracking me up for some reason! I'm pretty damn sure it's just reversed with some clever sound editing. I think it's the description that cracks me up more than anything

hahahahah! this is cracking me up for some reason! I'm pretty damn sure it's just reversed with some clever sound editing. I think it's the description that cracks me up more than anything

lol - Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I probably spent more time writing the description than actually filming and editing the cat footage; so it's good to hear it was appreciated! :) Thanks for your comment.

Best wishes,
Jon

Back