Bogus Copyright and Content ID Strikes

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've heard of people getting videos flagged for royalty free music lately. Has this happened to anybody? I use royalty free music from Fullscreen sometimes and I don't want to get some random strikes that aren't legit.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Content ID claims aren't strikes, they are two different things. Most Content ID claims are harmless when the claimant wants to monetize. Copyright strikes are given to users when a copyright holder files a DMCA complaint to YouTube.

Anyway, if you get Content ID claims and you have the rights (thru Fullscreen in this case) you can simply dispute the claim. :)

PS Moved this to the YouTube section, doesn't belong in the Chillout room.

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've heard of people getting videos flagged for royalty free music lately. Has this happened to anybody? I use royalty free music from Fullscreen sometimes and I don't want to get some random strikes that aren't legit.
yep and now i have two copyright strikes on my channel so cant partner and basically its all f'ed

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know a big YouTuber (top 150) who uses incompetech and he got flagged.
It was eventually resolved but by then, the video had run it's course and he lost potential revenue.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I used music for the first time (by incompetech) in my latest video. When I monetized it, it went into review and then it was approved a few minutes later with no problems. (I gave full credit in the description of course)

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Where did you get the music?
it's actually either made by me or someone else. However there is a lot of stuff which shouldn't have been copyrighted and im annoyed because i cant partner it now and its getting 4k views a day :( so i am carrying on with it and i have a second music channel which im going to partner but make sure it has 100% no copyrighted music.