Audio quality is horrible on my uploaded cinematic, how do I fix this?

Schmiddy

Reaction score
I'm working on a cinematic video that uses a song with very heavy beats which rely heavily on high dynamic range, but the version I upload sounds awful compared to the same song in other videos.

Here's a sample of my video (editing timing is a tad off at the start ignore that lol)

Here's another video using the same song starting at the same point

I've also noticed that these type of cinematic videos with a higher visual/audio quality than you would expect after youtube thrashes it in the "stats for nerds" section the codec is listed as (271)/(251) whereas most others have (248)/(251). Currently mine has (308)/(251) maybe this is because I have the video under unlisted and so it gets a lower quality codec? I'm not sure.

I've poured nearing 200 hours into my video at this point, a serious passion project, and it irks me to think that anyone who views it won't be getting the same experience that I do, or anything even remotely close to it. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to improve it. I've heard that audio uploading services like audioship and tunestotubes use different codecs when uploading that prioritize quality but they don't have anything for uploading my visuals too. I don't mind paying a smallish fee for a service or anything like that, I've already invested so much into the months of editing software subscription, time, license, etc.

Last edited: