Are Tags Useless Now?

Tags are really simple now, you just type the word(s) you want and put a comma and it makes it into a tag. Basically there are THOUSANDS at least of CoD videos. Your video is not presently crazy popular (like millions) so it won't be at the forefront of the search. Searches aren't done in order of date unless you order it that way. IT can also take a bit of time to show up.

Right but is it better to write them as black ops 2 or black , ops , 2

I think were all a bit off here b/c last i knew things were ranked mostly by audience rentention aka watch time

I don't know, but somebody on this forum told me that this doesn't work (the "TAGS IGNORE THIS" thing) and is somehow against ToS and may get your video taken down.

Yes, YouTube frowns on content providers creating misleading thumbnails, descriptions, and keyword spam. It can be reported as a violation of community standers, ToS.

I think were all a bit off here b/c last i knew things were ranked mostly by audience rentention aka watch time

If that is the case, what is your audience retention stats? Mine is that my average video is watched for at least four minutes.

I don't know, but somebody on this forum told me that this doesn't work (the "TAGS IGNORE THIS" thing) and is somehow against ToS and may get your video taken down.
It does work. Just poorly. But so do tags. It violates the ToS by being considered a "keyword spam".

Back