Analytics to see what time people watch my videos?

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Hey guys,

I have been told by a few different people there is an analytic out there somewhere that shows what time (locally) viewers are watching my videos to help determine key upload time frame. Is this not a thing!? I can't seem to find it anywhere!
 
Hey guys,

I have been told by a few different people there is an analytic out there somewhere that shows what time (locally) viewers are watching my videos to help determine key upload time frame. Is this not a thing!? I can't seem to find it anywhere!


there is a website and google chrome plug in called 'vidIQ" which does show you when your peak volumes of traffic are. I do not try to upload at times of peak viewership. I prefer to publish my videos in the AM around 7-8:00. The videos always get more views for me that way. It's very algorithmic and predictable. No matter what time I upload, my videos start out at 2-3,000 views in the first hour and drop to 400 views per hour by 11 PM. Then get about 200 views per hour the next day.
 
there is a website and google chrome plug in called 'vidIQ" which does show you when your peak volumes of traffic are. I do not try to upload at times of peak viewership. I prefer to publish my videos in the AM around 7-8:00. The videos always get more views for me that way. It's very algorithmic and predictable. No matter what time I upload, my videos start out at 2-3,000 views in the first hour and drop to 400 views per hour by 11 PM. Then get about 200 views per hour the next day.
I been uploading during my peak time so do you suggest not too? I know it's different for everyone but from your experience do you get less views when you do upload during peak time or what's ur reason to why you don't? Thanks you
 
Seems very strange to not upload during peak time? I mean, I would upload at the same time each day, but it would be that average peak time.
 
I wouldn't upload on the peak time but right before the start of the peak (see my magnificent drawing skills).
That way you have the most people that will watch your videos.
upload_2015-6-22_15-34-43.png
 
I been uploading during my peak time so do you suggest not too? I know it's different for everyone but from your experience do you get less views when you do upload during peak time or what's ur reason to why you don't? Thanks you

I get more views for the day if I upload in the AM. if I upload later in the day the view curve is the similar but drops off in the evening. if I upload int he AM I get all day of 400-500 views per hour after the initial 2-3,000 views per hour drops off. if I upload later in the day at "peak time." I get the exactly same view curve. 2-3,000 views first hour or two/three. then it dies down to 4-500 views per hour. The next calendar day it's always down to 200 views per hour for the day.
 
This video might be a little bit helpful (search it on YouTube): "The Best Time to Publish Videos for Higher CPMs and Views" (by Video Creators)
 
Back
Top