Am I being silly in my choice.....

SilentRich

I Love YTtalk
Basically I make quite alot of game related video's and achievement guides, but I am partially against commentating on them.

I mean I can see the advantage during achievement guides so I can tell them all the details they need during the video but when it comes to my play through video's I haven't wanted to talk over the action on screen.

I like to upload and have my videos in 720p (1080p eats up memory like a fat guy in a cake shop) so the quality on my videos is great at least to me :)

Feel free to talk about your own personal pros and cons when it comes to commentating your videos I would love to hear what everyone is thinking on this :)

Cons: copyright law. It's technically 'illegal' to do gaming videos without commentary, not a good idea at all.
Pros: You engage with your audience, you can make a same-old-same-old game funny and interesting, and it gives the video a bit of your own personality.

what you could do is like, say where you are going and as you are going there you just dont talk, when you reach the place you give the next instruction and you are just quiet again untill you have finished the instruction. that way you wont have to worry about talking over the action of the video. :)

Cons: copyright law. It's technically 'illegal' to do gaming videos without commentary, not a good idea at all.
Pros: You engage with your audience, you can make a same-old-same-old game funny and interesting, and it gives the video a bit of your own personality.

I have seen dozens of video's with no commentary something tells me that rule is being very relaxed lol.

But other than that I like the pros you have.

Its much harder to get partnered if your not commentating on your gameplay, if you don't want to get partnered then it doesn't matter as much.

I don't really plan to become part of a network though, so its handy knowing if I ever did want too.

Which is unlikely.

I enjoy commentating because it adds more of a personal flare and personality to your videos.

That being said, I've seen some pretty funny gaming videos that depend more on text rather than speaking. Check out the user "birgirpall" on Youtube. His newer videos have speaking, but his older videos show their personality predominately through text and clever editing, haha.

Back