Adult content on the same channel with family friendly content

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
So right now, I'm mostly making animation tutorials on my channel but I want to get back into my animations.

The problem is that I have two animation series that I want to make: One is mostly parodies and one is with original characters. One of them is mostly filled with adult jokes and the other is more family friendly(even a bit childish I would say.) Is it a good idea to put both on one channel or to make separate channels for it? The last one is really hard because animation takes such a long time. I'm afraid that people who find my family friendly animations get a bit surprised when they see the other animations that are more filled with adult jokes. Maybe I should choose one of them, but I love to make them both so badly so I'm really struggling with this.
 
I would say make two separate channels for those series. If your audience is kids and parents that watch your anime series then it would be a bad idea to put adult content on a family friendly channel because a kid or a parent may click your adult content on accident. You may also lose subscribers if you put adult content on family friendly channel because parents won’t want their children watching that.
 
I agree with the others on making separate channels. I’ve heard of a lot of parents looking at a YouTube channel before allowing their kids to watch the videos on it and I could see them making a very quick decision about yours if they see more adult contact on it.
 
Hey there, I kind of disagree with everybody saying making 2 complete other separate channels, one for each series. But I DO think you should make a separate one for the adult series. And possibly not NAME the channel the name of the series but post adult animations/content there. And post the family friendly series on your already established channel. That way maybe if children don’t JUST want to learn how to make animations they can also watch some without going to a completely different channel of yours. It’d also possibly expand your audience by leaving the series on this channel
 
If it ever takes off, you will wish they were separate. You will eventually create a monitization nightmare for yourself. I’d say stick with one for now, whichever is easiest to produce and has the most chance at survival.

Animation is hard and slow. If that means making twice as many videos for one good idea rather than a few sporadic videos for different audiences then that’s probably the best bet starting out. Go all in on ONE idea and run with it. If it tanks, switch course to the other idea. But mixing “family humor” with “adult humor” in one channel is a straight-up recipe for a bunch of angry mamas reporting your content and causing untold headaches.
 
Back
Top