A Little Tip For Facecam Fear

ProjectIG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've always fount it helpful to look yourself in the eyes and commentate just watching yourself. Like, not your actual commentary, just a random funny commentary. Make yourself laugh, and honestly. Don't think about it. I feel like whenever it comes to us human beings, we look for every flaw we can about our self. And like this article I read, the reason we fail most of the times is because we're scared to face ourselves. So simply, don't think about it, cause the more you think about it, the more stress it could possibly add on.

[DOUBLEPOST=1458741436,1458741219][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love this thread i whish there were something for the audio too. There people out there who are shy about their voice. Great advice man good luck guy. Maybe try to post those facecam funny face videos to gain confidence.
Audio wise, basically the same thing I said about the facecam. For us YouTubers, I believe we have a instinct in us that just takes control when we get on the mic. So, basically, don't think about it, and just let it happen. Usually when we think about things, our minds get clustered, and we loose focus. Also, one more thing, to improve commentary or your audio, do it even while you're not on the mic! I've fount it helpful that whilst I'm grinding a match of Bo3, to practice my commentary more there. I know I'm actually not recording, but I still commentate as I am, so I can better improve myself. As they always say, "Practice Makes Perfect!"

~God Bless,
ProjectIG

Reactions: FatalAti

FatalAti

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've always fount it helpful to look yourself in the eyes and commentate just watching yourself. Like, not your actual commentary, just a random funny commentary. Make yourself laugh, and honestly. Don't think about it. I feel like whenever it comes to us human beings, we look for every flaw we can about our self. And like this article I read, the reason we fail most of the times is because we're scared to face ourselves. So simply, don't think about it, cause the more you think about it, the more stress it could possibly add on.

[DOUBLEPOST=1458741436,1458741219][/DOUBLEPOST]
Audio wise, basically the same thing I said about the facecam. For us YouTubers, I believe we have a instinct in us that just takes control when we get on the mic. So, basically, don't think about it, and just let it happen. Usually when we think about things, our minds get clustered, and we loose focus. Also, one more thing, to improve commentary or your audio, do it even while you're not on the mic! I've fount it helpful that whilst I'm grinding a match of Bo3, to practice my commentary more there. I know I'm actually not recording, but I still commentate as I am, so I can better improve myself. As they always say, "Practice Makes Perfect!"

~God Bless,
ProjectIG
Same here man same here. I m a better commentator when i m not rec. it. but i dont have a fear. It might be un natural to me :D

Dylucke

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the tip, i usually freeze when i have to use the cam but i always promise myself something at the end of an episode like a drink or just a small break or something like that. Seems to work for me so far :)

MagikMike

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Good tip! And who gives a damn what other people think about how you look anyway, right?

Flash Cake

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah, being stupid in any situation really takes the stress off you.