Zoomin TV Partnership Bad Or Good Idea

Thank you AnExperiencedGuy, I actually just got accepted in to ZoominTV and cant wait to see how their network. I was wondering if they send you an email with how they pay you later on? Or is there another way that they pay you?

There is literally no point in partnering with an MCN anymore. If you were to join one now, you would be labeled as an affiliate. Basically, that means that you get almost none of the perks that you would get with an MCN with only 60% of the revenue that you would earn partnering straight with youtube. Most MCNs have become so big now that they don't have the time or resources to help out all the smaller channels. I'd just partner straight with youtube and use a google adsense account if I were you.

You're blowing that out of proportion. The managed status includes instant monetization, yes however until we see the YouTube trust based review we won't know the actual effect. MCN's are ad agencies by nature and it is their job to increase revenue. This is done by outside ad sales increasing CPM. Of course, anything worse than 70/30 makes it very hard for overall revenue to increase.

Affiliates, assuming that the review period is no more than a few hours to a max of a day, are actually in a superior position because they benefit from the MCN CPM increase (if they are with an MCN that has ad sales in house). Additionally they don't share in the liability of a network with too many managed partners, and they also are covered by agreements that YouTube maintains such as the heavily rumored cover song revenue share feature that should be coming. Managed partners don't have this access unless their parent MCN maintains the same agreement which at the moment doesn't include most of them.

Anyone that partners for 60/40 or worse is foolish but that's always been true.

You're blowing that out of proportion. The managed status includes instant monetization, yes however until we see the YouTube trust based review we won't know the actual effect. MCN's are ad agencies by nature and it is their job to increase revenue. This is done by outside ad sales increasing CPM. Of course, anything worse than 70/30 makes it very hard for overall revenue to increase.

Affiliates, assuming that the review period is no more than a few hours to a max of a day, are actually in a superior position because they benefit from the MCN CPM increase (if they are with an MCN that has ad sales in house). Additionally they don't share in the liability of a network with too many managed partners, and they also are covered by agreements that YouTube maintains such as the heavily rumored cover song revenue share feature that should be coming. Managed partners don't have this access unless their parent MCN maintains the same agreement which at the moment doesn't include most of them.

Anyone that partners for 60/40 or worse is foolish but that's always been true.

The thing is, a lot of MCNs don't help you grow. So, not only would you lose money, only get a false sense of security, and not have the ability to instantly monetize videos, but you're also left on your own for growth. Sure, SOME MCNs are good, but they are so few and far between.
I just don't want the same cycle to repeat istelf. So many channels foolishly joined MCNs because that was "the sign of being a real youtuber". They were sorrily mistaken. Ever since, I've tried my hardest to have people try to work on their own. There really aren't many benefits of being with an MCN anymore truth be told.

The thing is, a lot of MCNs don't help you grow. So, not only would you lose money, only get a false sense of security, and not have the ability to instantly monetize videos, but you're also left on your own for growth. Sure, SOME MCNs are good, but they are so few and far between.
I just don't want the same cycle to repeat istelf. So many channels foolishly joined MCNs because that was "the sign of being a real youtuber". They were sorrily mistaken. Ever since, I've tried my hardest to have people try to work on their own. There really aren't many benefits of being with an MCN anymore truth be told.

No MCN has ever really helped people grow. That was always a marketing and recruitment line and only a few select people who got featured at the right time on a hub channel got any growth from them. They are ad agencies and their job is to make you more money, not help you grow. The benefits outside of higher earnings do vary from one place to another. Some allow for AudioMicro music use, others have SEO tools, some focus entirely on CPM.

There are 3 major reasons to partner. Avoidance of Adsense account bans, which once this occurs, you can NEVER monetize that channel again no matter what you do. Higher CPM (if you pick the right network, stick to trials and no-locks to verify earnings are increasing). Direct line to YouTube in the case of false flagging or false copyright issues (assuming they have fairly rapid support response).

All else is minor, though depending on your channel, I have seen some who would have spent hundreds of dollars a month on the same music they used from AudioMicro.

No MCN has ever really helped people grow. That was always a marketing and recruitment line and only a few select people who got featured at the right time on a hub channel got any growth from them. They are ad agencies and their job is to make you more money, not help you grow. The benefits outside of higher earnings do vary from one place to another. Some allow for AudioMicro music use, others have SEO tools, some focus entirely on CPM.

There are 3 major reasons to partner. Avoidance of Adsense account bans, which once this occurs, you can NEVER monetize that channel again no matter what you do. Higher CPM (if you pick the right network, stick to trials and no-locks to verify earnings are increasing). Direct line to YouTube in the case of false flagging or false copyright issues (assuming they have fairly rapid support response).

All else is minor, though depending on your channel, I have seen some who would have spent hundreds of dollars a month on the same music they used from AudioMicro.

Hmm...I'm just really afraid to join one. I've heard so many horror stories from then. And on top of the recent fiasco, it seems really not worth it. But I didn't know that you'd lose the ability to monetize content permanently if your adsense account is banned. I guess I might have to keep an open mind with them.
I've seen Experienced Guy's recommendations, are there any that you would recommend. I am a gaming channel if that makes a difference.

Hmm...I'm just really afraid to join one. I've heard so many horror stories from then. And on top of the recent fiasco, it seems really not worth it. But I didn't know that you'd lose the ability to monetize content permanently if your adsense account is banned. I guess I might have to keep an open mind with them.
I've seen Experienced Guy's recommendations, are there any that you would recommend. I am a gaming channel if that makes a difference.

The issue with Adsense is that you cannot remove the Adsense from an account when it gets banned. You can also run into issues partnering with a banned Adsense.

I'm biased towards Zoomin due to a business relationship. However, rather than recommending them outright, i'll stick to generalities.

You want as short a contract as possible so that you can negotiate a better deal sooner in the case that your channel has significant growth. You also want a period of time to evaluate their performance. So either a network with a trial (Zoomin.TV, Forela) or a 30 day contract term (Curse). TGN offers trials now as well from what I hear but I wouldn't touch TGN/BBTV with a 10 foot pole due to attrocious CPM and questionable business policies. Freedom offers a no-lock but says it's committed to making a lot of channels managed, which in my view makes them dangerous because if the network gets too many strikes, all managed partners suffer.

You also want to evaluate the tools that the network has to offer. Fullscreen from what I hear has a very nice set of tools in it's dashboard for partners. Zoomin/Forela have Audiomicro access. Machinima has a large network hub that you may be able to get featured on. RPM has ... nothing special that I'm aware of.

However, all of that said never just apply with one network. Apply with all of them. Every network you can find. Doesn't mean you have to accept their offers, but you will get to compare them. This is nothing more than a standard business arrangement. If they're not giving you what you want, don't sign it.

You will never hear me claim that partnership is best for everyone, it most certainly isn't. However, it is also incorrect to say that it has no benefits because of the managed change. Again, assuming Google doesn't f**k up the new review system, very little should actually change.

The issue with Adsense is that you cannot remove the Adsense from an account when it gets banned. You can also run into issues partnering with a banned Adsense.

I'm biased towards Zoomin due to a business relationship. However, rather than recommending them outright, i'll stick to generalities.

You want as short a contract as possible so that you can negotiate a better deal sooner in the case that your channel has significant growth. You also want a period of time to evaluate their performance. So either a network with a trial (Zoomin.TV, Forela) or a 30 day contract term (Curse). TGN offers trials now as well from what I hear but I wouldn't touch TGN/BBTV with a 10 foot pole due to attrocious CPM and questionable business policies. Freedom offers a no-lock but says it's committed to making a lot of channels managed, which in my view makes them dangerous because if the network gets too many strikes, all managed partners suffer.

You also want to evaluate the tools that the network has to offer. Fullscreen from what I hear has a very nice set of tools in it's dashboard for partners. Zoomin/Forela have Audiomicro access. Machinima has a large network hub that you may be able to get featured on. RPM has ... nothing special that I'm aware of.

However, all of that said never just apply with one network. Apply with all of them. Every network you can find. Doesn't mean you have to accept their offers, but you will get to compare them. This is nothing more than a standard business arrangement. If they're not giving you what you want, don't sign it.

You will never hear me claim that partnership is best for everyone, it most certainly isn't. However, it is also incorrect to say that it has no benefits because of the managed change. Again, assuming Google doesn't f**k up the new review system, very little should actually change.

Thanks for the in depth advice. I wouldn't touch Machinima with a 10 foot pole though. They do some really shady business practices. I'm not quite ready for a partnership yet, but I'll keep this in mind.

Thanks for the in depth advice. I wouldn't touch Machinima with a 10 foot pole though. They do some really shady business practices. I'm not quite ready for a partnership yet, but I'll keep this in mind.

That only reason I mention Machinima in that list is that it is the only network that I have seen where simple partnership has really made channels succeed. It's no guarantee of success but I've seen channels add 4-5K subscribers just from one video being uploaded to the main Machinima channel. They're the only network with a hub channel that large. There are certainly other pitfalls to be aware of.

Back