YouTube's Current Issues? (Controversial Topic)

PsySpy Gaming

I've Got It
I'm a very small YouTuber so I don't have a ton of insight into this, aside from watching and talking to a couple that are in the 10k-100k range.

1. YouTube Periodically Unsubs Active Users
2. YouTube Periodically Suspends/Bans Accounts that did nothing wrong (usually thinking they're a bot or spam), most people just tend to make another account instead of going through the long process of appealing the ban.
3. YouTube has a lot of comments disappear (recently fixed I think?)
4. Anyone can make a false DMCA claim to remove a video (or running stream), without repercussions.
5. YouTube picks and chooses who it will enforce it's ToS and Community Guidelines on, flagging relatively mild cases and letting absurdly abusive channels stay active without repercussions.

I've actually had the first three affect my channel (mostly my subcount and certain episodes where I was trying to get input from my viewers). Also, the first three show massive flaws in the YouTube Algorithm that they will deny repeatedly. Nobody has DMCA'd any of my videos and I guess I'm not an expert as to how YouTube should enforce it's guidelines, though I think they should be even handed instead of playing favorites.

I'm a very small YouTuber so I don't have a ton of insight into this, aside from watching and talking to a couple that are in the 10k-100k range.

1. YouTube Periodically Unsubs Active Users
2. YouTube Periodically Suspends/Bans Accounts that did nothing wrong (usually thinking they're a bot or spam), most people just tend to make another account instead of going through the long process of appealing the ban.
3. YouTube has a lot of comments disappear (recently fixed I think?)
4. Anyone can make a false DMCA claim to remove a video (or running stream), without repercussions.
5. YouTube picks and chooses who it will enforce it's ToS and Community Guidelines on, flagging relatively mild cases and letting absurdly abusive channels stay active without repercussions.

I've actually had the first three affect my channel (mostly my subcount and certain episodes where I was trying to get input from my viewers). Also, the first three show massive flaws in the YouTube Algorithm that they will deny repeatedly. Nobody has DMCA'd any of my videos and I guess I'm not an expert as to how YouTube should enforce it's guidelines, though I think they should be even handed instead of playing favorites.

For now, these issues do affect a lot of people. I haven't really had any problems aside from losing active subs during the recent YouTube Purge. Though, I know bigger channels do make YouTube a lot of money so perhaps that's why they sometimes get a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure though. There are so many claims and reports on these issues that it's hard to really narrow them down. Sometimes you just get unlucky. Keep at it though. I'm sure these issues will be fixed to some extent as time goes on.

Back