Youtube Search Question

Keystone

I was wondering have any of you guys ever uploaded a video and it was on the first page of the yt search or are those videos always the ones that have been upload for some time?

I dont mean like if you search your keyword and put in like today or last hour filter.

Is it possible to show up on that first page even for new videos or does youtube tend to keep videos that have been around longer on those pages

thats what i was thinking i sorta think thats a very unfair situation especially for newer videos

not always i have a video called the dubstep with less then 100 views and if i type the dubstep bottle it will be like the third result and i only uploaded it two days ago

yah it does come up third but thats also a very specific keyword i think "Dubstep" would be the one im talking about

The search ranking uses views, likes, title, description, tags, burst views over short period of time and other factors like back links to determine relevance to your search.

Search for Gangnam Style and prepare to be amazed when every now and then you'll see a different video (not ads) at search rank #1. If it was just views, this would not be possible since gangnam style has more views than something like the next top 10 videos combined.

We have plenty on the first page, but most take more than a week to get there. Usually if a newer video gets on (at least for us), it needs a decent number of views, so 10k within 24 hours, 20k within 48 hours.

@wreckless eating decent size channel you are :) how bout any gaming channels that arent huge ?

I have several that are on the front page of YouTube search. My channel is small, but unfortunately, no gaming on it. I bet it's much harder for gaming considering the amount of gamers on there playing the same types of games.

Back