Youtube has legit lost its mind

Niko

For the past month or so, youtube has become so strict that it is striking my very old videos of Geometry dash for INGAME music! Not only this, but they demonetized a video because it had controversial in the title. What the heck is youtubes problem eh?

from a company's point of view, you want to please your consumers (e.g; the advertisers), and if that requires extreme measures such as this, i would support them in doing that. it may seem petty, but it's like any move in business.

geometry dash uses music from musicians that have YouTube channels, its likely that they recently partnered with a network that has activated the auto id. If you search out the artist of the track you can let them know and they will tell their network to remove the claim

The video has been up for years lol... and the controversial title is "Top 5 most controversial videos"... its on my Top 5 channel

The reason the "controversial" one was demonetized is because of the ad boycott stuff. YouTube had to have a way for advertisers to decide videos to run ads on and you've clearly stumbled upon one of their safety net words. The same kinds of things are happening to a lot of youtubers that post potentially controversial stuff like H3H3 and Philip DeFranco. I agree it's weird, but I can't blame youtube since it was definitely not their fault that the mainstream media decided to create fear and panic among advertisers.

I've so far not had any of my videos demonetize although I have expected it as I have some risque click-bait thumbnails.
Income has halved over the last month having had a similar number of views and only seems to be getting worse.
I'm just glad that I don't have to rely on the income to live although it will sting. I still pray that its all temporary and it will all come back.

The claims are legit, you need written permission from the author of the song to monetize it.

Odesláno z mého SM-G900F pomocí Tapatalk

I've so far not had any of my videos demonetize although I have expected it as I have some risque click-bait thumbnails.
Income has halved over the last month having had a similar number of views and only seems to be getting worse.
I'm just glad that I don't have to rely on the income to live although it will sting. I still pray that its all temporary and it will all come back.

I agree, although I think the "family friendly" content has been doing fine. Atleast from what I have been hearing.[DOUBLEPOST=1494014954,1493950484][/DOUBLEPOST]So far, no more strikes.. hopefully this ad pocalypse ends!

Back