YouTube Banner Feedback?

JTMulcahy

Actor
YouTubeBanner.png

I have been trying to work on my Photoshop skills and I just came up with a new possible banner for my YouTube channel. I would like to have some feedback, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thank you! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1413746581,1413671687][/DOUBLEPOST]
6cc739e6512dc849516a74e7296500f1.png

I've just had to make some adjustments to the spacing due to my profile picture getting in the way of the banner. I'll be redoing my profile pic shortly, but I'd love to hear any suggestions that you all may have on my banner.

I like it, very clean looking :), the top banner had darker colors then the bottom one but that just might be your screen capturing making the bottom one lower res or something? I like the darker colors myself.

Very cool mate! Experiment with the backdrop colour for the "Live life" and "Have fun". The yellow stands out a bit for me.
Maybe make the text a bit smaller for them with a black back drop?
Otherwise, top stuff.

Thank you all for the feedback!

I like it, very clean looking :), the top banner had darker colors then the bottom one but that just might be your screen capturing making the bottom one lower res or something? I like the darker colors myself.
You're right the top image does have darker colors, I think it might be because I checked the "Auto Enhance" button when uploading my banner to YouTube.

Very cool mate! Experiment with the backdrop colour for the "Live life" and "Have fun". The yellow stands out a bit for me.
Maybe make the text a bit smaller for them with a black back drop?
Otherwise, top stuff.
I will try to edit those colors a bit, I was wondering how it would look with a yellow tint, but I think I'll just leave it with blue and the drop shadow like you suggested.

Looks nice but doesn't tell anything about your content
I started to fiddle around with adding some quick blurbs of information, but I don't know exactly what my channel contains. I tend to do bits and pieces of everything and I didn't want to turn anyone away by confining myself to a category of video types. If I do discover that my videos have more of a specific niche I'll probably add more.

Thank you again! :D

a84e07dbe0adcef7d8f6aa6c9bfaed97.png

I've made a few adjustments and added a few words to hopefully intrigue viewers, seems like it's starting to become bogged down. I might do away with the "Follow Me!" bit.

Back