Why it is hard to make minecraft videos noticed.

I

I agree completely with this statement! However I think that has become somewhat of a lost art (if that even works), people seem to have forgotten how to spread the word. They seem to think, posting on a popular YouTubers video, gets them subscribers.

Not gonna lie, I believe the only way you are gonna get popular from minecraft is if you have another output (video content)

It is totally possible to be seen in a saturated market. You need to learn how to optimize channels and watch the trends. You would be surprised what you can do.

The trick is to find the most current video trending and post something quickly, and optimize a video for that. Example. I also post in a very over saturated market (CATS) and because I am on VINE and YOUTUBE a lot I recognize when things trend. There was a vine called CAT TWERK that was being revined like crazy and I had a video of my cat doing that so I quick uploaded it and optimized it similar to that video and caught all the people looking for more cat twerking videos when there weren't any. I ended up with 40,000 views on the most stupid video ever and now there are like thousands of cat twerking videos. Most actually hated the video but what it did was they saw other videos they liked and I got subscribers and my videos were popping up in their suggested content.

The goal is to just get people to your channel and once there to get them interested in your other videos.

You need to have some decent videos already in place, and make sure they are really unique and have custom thumbnails and that your channel is complete. Also make sure you use annotation tags to direct people to the next video. I use all 4 corners (3 to give 3 video choices and 1 corner to subscribe).

Because minecraft is a f*****g s**t game that is as boring as f**k to watch let alone play. If i wanted to make s**t out of blocks id buy some f*****g Lego
20 million monthly searches on the word "Minecraft" disagrees with you. And thats only on youtube, ad google searches and, yeah, people think Minecraft is quite entertaining to watch.

and to put it in perspective, the word "comedy" gets 2.5 mil searches and the word "funny" gets 10 mil.

maybe I got a bit defensive but nobody puts Minecraft in a corner. ;)

20 million monthly searches on the word "Minecraft" disagrees with you. And thats only on youtube, ad google searches and, yeah, people think Minecraft is quite entertaining to watch.

and to put it in perspective, the word "comedy" gets 2.5 mil searches and the word "funny" gets 10 mil.

maybe I got a bit defensive but nobody puts Minecraft in a corner. ;)

Loads of people searching it doesn't change the fact that its a s**t game with s**t mechanics

Hey guys I just wanted to talk about my opinion on minecraft videos. Minecraft videos are just getting more and more popular and most of the big youtubers already made videos about it. That makes it really hard to have lets plays and stuff popular. That does not mean that no one should make minecraft videos, I think that if you add originality to your videos (Cinematics, Advanced Tutorials, ETC) and you promote it right it will add attention to it. Like I said doing a basic lets play or mod spotlight wont work because it has been done so many times. Well that is my opinion, let me know what you guys think! :D

I have been doing Minecraft videos for over a year and a half. I only just broke 100 subscribers, so I am not exactly popular, but I do not feel the resentment you portray in your post. I just play the game, record it, and upload it (with appropriate bumpers and intros and endslates added).

Originality does play a role. I know one video I did (which was a tutorial on how to properly use an ME Interface from the Applied Energetics mod) has more views than almost any other video on my channel, because it did something never done before (I know this because I searched for it before I did it). I just now typed in "ME Interface" in Google and mine is still the first video that pops up. Despite that great search result, I am not attracting a ton of viewers. Not sure why, and it does kind of bum me out, but since I'd be doing the same thing even without that, it doesn't greatly impact me.

I believe, ultimately, it boils down to 'are you entertaining to watch'? Some people are just entertaining by way of their personality. Those are the people who attract viewers because they are entertaining. Watching someone play a video game is not, generally, fun (especially when you could be playing a game yourself). The FUN comes from watching how someone reacts to the game, which is what attracts viewers.

Too many people do JUST Mnecraft now. Then they just post the videos and walk away without trying to spread the word, just expecting to get noticed.

Also true, but don't be too down on folks like that. Some of us (myself included) do not have a head for self-promotion. I have a hard time finding new work in reality because self-promotion doesn't come easily, so why would it be different for YouTube?

MineCraft is one of the most viewed games on YT, If your not already a big channel it will be really hard for you to get noticed, unless your that 1 in a million personality, but bring something different to the table is really important.

Back