What watching time percentage is normal?

SophieZ

Reaction score
My video's watching time percentage for last 28 days are between 41,0% and 68,5%. Most video's are above 50%. Is that considered good? Is the relative watcher's loyalty a clue? Most of my video's are higher than normal for a big part.
I create fanvideo's.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
depends on how long your videos are. 50% on a 30 second video is bad. 50% on a 4 hour double feature length video is really good.
depends on the kind of video. 50% on a video where people can skip to the part they need is good. 50% on a comedy piece or a webshow is sort of bad imho

Reactions: SophieZ

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
imho without knowing how long and what kind of videos you make, it's impossible to give a meaningful answer.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
so i think your numbers are good. that being said, i have no idea what "fanvideo's" are, so i can't take that into account.
what exactly is "fanvideo's"? do you talk to fans? are you a fan of a creator? do you talk about fans like the wind devices? I have no idea.

if you are tying to get your stats up, I would watch this part of the video, just after 1:32, to see why it's the part with the largest drop in viewers. and tighting that up

i would also check why so many people are staying for around 4:00. maybe there's a really interesting thing in the video at that moment that could have been hinted at, at 1:32 so people would have stayed in it.

1615479939711.png

Reactions: SophieZ

SophieZ

Reaction score
so i think your numbers are good. that being said, i have no idea what "fanvideo's" are, so i can't take that into account.

if you are tying to get your stats up, I would watch this part of the video, just after 1:32, to see why it's the part with the largest drop in viewers. and tighting that up

i would also check why so many people are staying for around 4:00. maybe there's a really interesting thing in the video at that moment that could have been hinted at, at 1:32 so people would have stayed in it.

View attachment 45437
Oh sorry, with fanvideo I mean a video with fragments of a tv-series, put on music.
Thank you for your advice! I will look at the down. The up is the climax of the video.
All my video's have a big drop at the end, because I made an endscreen after the video is finished. (I don't want it interfere with my video). The endscreen has now an 8,5% click percentage. Do you think the endscreen is a good idea, or should I hope youtube shows another of my video's after this, and can I better delete the endscreen, hoping people will stay and watch my next video?

Reactions: Nicekid76