What Video Mode Do You Use When Rendering?

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
For those of you who use Sony Vegas...when you render your video and are using a custom template, what mode do you use in the video section?

CBR
CBR (Two-Pass)
Bit-Rate VBR (Peak)
Quality VBR
Bit-Rate VBR

Is there one that works better for you, or do you notice any quality changes after the render is over? I am experimenting with all of the modes, because when I render with CBR (the default) but sometimes the final product can be very glitchy and jumpy. I have noticed that Quality VBR and Bit-Rate VBR don't have that jumpiness and the quality is the same

Thoughts?

i use cbr (two pass) at max depth and max render(?)

Would you say that allows for the best quality? Or does that not matter...because in a lot of my videos, if I have too much camera movement or too much CC, parts will be skippy/glitchy (I mean it could be the camera too)

Would you say that allows for the best quality? Or does that not matter...because in a lot of my videos, if I have too much camera movement or too much CC, parts will be skippy/glitchy (I mean it could be the camera too)

well, I haven't experienced any glitches or skips, but idk if it's the best quality. it works for me! sorry I can't be more informative :p

Back