What the freak Youtube? Fair Dispute Won, Right Away A New Dispute Added By A Different Company?!?!

Thanks for all the replies. I was surprised that they totally cleared the video that I was complaining about here! Yeah!
There were claims on all the videos I have that are recitals (which is quite a few, I was posting them for out-of-state family to see) The rest weren't cleared, so I did just acknowledge them.
None of the videos say they are blocked, but I assume they are still blocked on certain platforms even though I acknowleged it? Not sure how that works. I will have to ask my aunt later if she can see them or not. I don't have any strikes and my YT account is in good standing, so that is good.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me today. Yesterday I got theis email

Hi
HA EL81te MC: GTA Online,

Good news! Your dispute wasn’t reviewed within 30 days, so the copyright claim on your YouTube video has now been released by AdRev for a 3rd Party.

Video title: "HA81's Kick Cancers a** Ride & Parachute Jump"
- The YouTube Team

On a charity cancer ride video we used Happy 'Pharell Williams' Disputed it and won, it was cleared to monetize,

Then today -
Hi HA EL81te MC: GTA Online,

Due to a copyright claim, you are no longer monetizing the following YouTube video. It is still playable on YouTube, but the copyright owner could choose to show ads on it.

Video title: HA81's Kick Cancers a** Ride & Parachute Jump
Copyrighted song: 「ハッピー」日本版MV
Claimed by: Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc.

WTF - is that all about. Is there anyway around this

"Did I say is there anyway around paying for a proper legal licence", 'No'. I asked, if there is a any way around this. There is a huge difference. Thank you though for your unhelpful comment. Moving on.

"Did I say is there anyway around paying for a proper legal licence", 'No'. I asked, if there is a any way around this. There is a huge difference. Thank you though for your unhelpful comment. Moving on.
No there is no way around this unless you have permission/license. The only way "around it" would be to be a managed partner in an mcn where you're not scanned for content id. However is the content owner then finds about the video and that it was monetized both the user and the mcn get a strike which impacts them heavily.

GTopps23- I put in another dispute and explained what happened. That my video was cleared and how can a different company put another claim on it. Mine was cleared. Its worth a try. Out of all my videos though, this is the only one that they cleared.

GTopps23- I put in another dispute and explained what happened. That my video was cleared and how can a different company put another claim on it. Mine was cleared. Its worth a try. Out of all my videos though, this is the only one that they cleared.

Your video has only an incidental use of the song, likely qualifying under fair use. His includes intentional use of the digital song version (along with Danger Zone) overlayed on the video. He won't win the dispute.

It is fair to say that the Adrev claim is wrong right out of the gate because Adrev does not maintain the rights to that song. Sony however does own the rights (Pharrell Williams is signed to Columbia which is a division of Sony Music), so anyone surprised that they got a claim from Sony should probably do a bit of copyright research, maybe including familiarizing themselves with what copyright actually is.

Back