What Do You Look For...

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Not really the content itself, but how the content is presented? I, normally, don't watch gameplays, let's play, etc. Anything like that. However, I do enjoy watching Game Grumps. I really enjoy their approach, and find a majority of their content amusing. So, what does the content "need" to contain to keep your attention, and keep you amused? :D

I find it interesting because I can be entertained by a wide variety of things for instance say its a fact/educational video, it could be a topic thats not overly exciting but presented in a fun way or it could be a really interesting topic but presented quite boringly (probably like my vids haha) but I like both styles. I think as long as something within the video is enjoyable to me then it doesnt have to be some perfect product

If I watch gaming it's for their personality, almost never for the game. With YouTube being "mainly" entertainment centered, my attention can be held if the content is funny. Because I like funny.

Not really the content itself, but how the content is presented? I, normally, don't watch gameplays, let's play, etc. Anything like that. However, I do enjoy watching Game Grumps. I really enjoy their approach, and find a majority of their content amusing. So, what does the content "need" to contain to keep your attention, and keep you amused? :D
Funny things, cute things, or people getting hurt in creative and stupid ways. Also really creepy weird stuff always makes me laugh.

In gaming videos = High skill gameplay. I don't care if it's a random playthrough or a montage. Show me your skills. If you are worse than me then there is no point in watching you. That's why I don't watch gamers. 99.9% of the gamers on Youtube and Twitch are terrible.
I don't care if you are funny. To be honest, most of the times you are not. You are either raging because you are terrible at the game you are playing or you are making terrible jokes.
( by you and I don't mean anyone specific. ).

Comedy = Offensive comedy. Give me some Katt Williams, Jim Jefferies, Dave Chappelle kind of stuff.

I don't watch Vloggers. I don't care what's happening in your life. I'm sorry. I have enough stuff going on in my life to watch someone else talking about their life.

I find it interesting because I can be entertained by a wide variety of things for instance say its a fact/educational video, it could be a topic thats not overly exciting but presented in a fun way or it could be a really interesting topic but presented quite boringly (probably like my vids haha) but I like both styles. I think as long as something within the video is enjoyable to me then it doesnt have to be some perfect product

Yeah, I think presentation really is what does it for me as well. I mean, considering the fact that I'm actually enjoying certain types of videos I wouldn't normally watch.

If I watch gaming it's for their personality, almost never for the game. With YouTube being "mainly" entertainment centered, my attention can be held if the content is funny. Because I like funny.

Personality goes a long way as well. I find myself leaning towards people who share the same type of humor as I do.

Funny things, cute things, or people getting hurt in creative and stupid ways. Also really creepy weird stuff always makes me laugh.

Sort of like that gif in your signature? xD

I feel like it needs something to grab your attention, because then it will make you want to watch more and keep you curious through out :)

True. I do hate it though when I can feel if the person is being fake in their videos. Like, you can almost sense that this isn't their normal personality. Putting on a show, and become a character is one thing, but trying to pass yourself off as someone you clearly are not, is something else.

In gaming videos = High skill gameplay. I don't care if it's a random playthrough or a montage. Show me your skills. If you are worse than me then there is no point in watching you. That's why I don't watch gamers. 99.9% of the gamers on Youtube and Twitch are terrible.
I don't care if you are funny. To be honest, most of the times you are not. You are either raging because you are terrible at the game you are playing or you are making terrible jokes.
( by you and I don't mean anyone specific. ).

Comedy = Offensive comedy. Give me some Katt Williams, Jim Jefferies, Dave Chappelle kind of stuff.

I don't watch Vloggers. I don't care what's happening in your life. I'm sorry. I have enough stuff going on in my life to watch someone else talking about their life.

I like that your so avid about it! :D

Honestly? I look for an entertaining person to watch. They can be doing something random or something i've never heard of. But if they have a good personality in my opinion, i'll watch their videos regardless.

Back