What about reaction videos?

Juken

Hello guys, basically I just want to know, what about all the reaction videos, or just a short few seconds other channel's video added on your gaming video, are they getting punishments for that?

lol nah nobody cares if you throw in a 5 second clip to your gaming video
reaction videos that are bad = any video where the entire full length original video plays

lol nah nobody cares if you throw in a 5 second clip to your gaming video
reaction videos that are bad = any video where the entire full length original video plays

Except for all of the people do care and will eagerly issue a takedown notice or, if they're part of a network, allow ContentID to find and monetize the offending content for them.

It's pretty simple- If you don't have permission to use someone else's video and your usage doesn't fall under fair use (good luck claiming a reaction video as fair use), don't use it.

Except for all of the people do care and will eagerly issue a takedown notice or, if they're part of a network, allow ContentID to find and monetize the offending content for them.

It's pretty simple- If you don't have permission to use someone else's video and your usage doesn't fall under fair use (good luck claiming a reaction video as fair use), don't use it.
So basically, if the author is not responding, you can't react on it?

So basically, if the author is not responding, you can't react on it?

[opinion]Reaction videos are crap and you should work to create sweet, high quality content.

If it's a reaction video formatted the way that many other reactors are formatting their stuff and you're not creating original content, personally I believe that you shouldn't even be posting it.

Since you're literally ripping and re-uploading someone else's content in it's entirety, which is against YouTube's community guidelines. (and for some reason they aren't cracking down on huge reactors) [opinion/]

In addition, part of the reason it's bad, is because you're literally stealing views from the OU's channel and using it to create derivative content, without adding any value.

Now, if it's like 5 seconds in length and the majority of the video is the content that YOUR channel has made, then sure; it should be fine.

P.S. I don't mean to bombard you with a wall of text but I hate content thieves and this is somewhat a knee-jerk reaction to the subject, but it really grinds my gonads. Also, react channels don't add significant enough value to be able to call the content that they put out, their own; in my opinion.

P.P.S I think gradeAunderA put out a very informative video on the subject and he fairly clearly and concisely outlines the issues with reaction videos. (I'm unsure as to whether or not I can link it here so I won't)

tl;dr If it's quick and a little snippet of video, it's probably fine. If it's anything longer than like 10 or 15 seconds or over 40% of the original video, then you probably shouldn't. Unless you have actual WRITTEN permission from the copyright owner, then do whatever your agreement says.

P.P.P.S As I said earlier, you should work towards, sweet-as-hell awesome content that you already know you can put out! Reaction videos, imho is not the right route. Strive to be the best and you'll get there man.

[opinion]Reaction videos are crap and you should work to create sweet, high quality content.

If it's a reaction video formatted the way that many other reactors are formatting their stuff and you're not creating original content, personally I believe that you shouldn't even be posting it.

Since you're literally ripping and re-uploading someone else's content in it's entirety, which is against YouTube's community guidelines. (and for some reason they aren't cracking down on huge reactors) [opinion/]

In addition, part of the reason it's bad, is because you're literally stealing views from the OU's channel and using it to create derivative content, without adding any value.

Now, if it's like 5 seconds in length and the majority of the video is the content that YOUR channel has made, then sure; it should be fine.

P.S. I don't mean to bombard you with a wall of text but I hate content thieves and this is somewhat a knee-jerk reaction to the subject, but it really grinds my gonads. Also, react channels don't add significant enough value to be able to call the content that they put out, their own; in my opinion.

P.P.S I think gradeAunderA put out a very informative video on the subject and he fairly clearly and concisely outlines the issues with reaction videos. (I'm unsure as to whether or not I can link it here so I won't)

tl;dr If it's quick and a little snippet of video, it's probably fine. If it's anything longer than like 10 or 15 seconds or over 40% of the original video, then you probably shouldn't. Unless you have actual WRITTEN permission from the copyright owner, then do whatever your agreement says.

P.P.P.S As I said earlier, you should work towards, sweet-as-hell awesome content that you already know you can put out! Reaction videos, imho is not the right route. Strive to be the best and you'll get there man.
Thank you for your response, but I think you got me wrong, I'm not going to do reaction videos, I'm just curious if in the future I would need to do short one reaction, or add a short cut of other dude's channel! Asked it, because I'm not too familiar with copyright claims, but thanks once again ;)

If you ever want to do a reaction of some kind, you should ask for permission, and dispute any copyright claim!

Thank you for your response, but I think you got me wrong, I'm not going to do reaction videos, I'm just curious if in the future I would need to do short one reaction, or add a short cut of other dude's channel! Asked it, because I'm not too familiar with copyright claims, but thanks once again ;)

Sweet! Yeah dude, you should for sure strive to the pinnacle! Also criticizing another person's work should fall under fair use, if you're not using hate speech or derogatory language :) If you are legitimately criticizing him in an analytical process, then it should be dandy.

Back